Header

Header
Be a Pineapple: Stand Tall, Wear a Crown and Be Sweet Inside.

space



Sunday, August 1, 2010

Living a Balanced Life

Here is a link from a really good blog I've just started reading. I really felt Anastasiya had a plan I could work with in How to be Inspired to Live a Balanced Life. Here is an excerpt from the blog:

Balanced living starts with a desire. A desire to live fully, a desire to fit everything into your schedule without feeling overwhelmed, a desire to enjoy your life without being selfish or forgetting about your loved one or a desire to be healthy without turning into a health-freak. What is a desire that has started your journey towards balance?

No matter how strong that desire for balance is sometimes all of us feel that we have lost the inspiration. Even though we have a desire we cannot find any practical ways to turn that desire into reality. No matter what we do we can’t find that inner balance that almost seems illusive and unreal. Have you been there? I have, and I want to share with you my way to get inspired for balanced living.

I find inspiration in people around me. Yes, it is that simple. There is no need to re-invent the wheel because there are always people around us who have managed to find balance in a particular area of their lives or who have already found the best solution for the predicament you are facing right now.

I do not know about you, but I often read about being mindful and finding miracles around me. It can be a new flower that has just started blooming in your yard, the mysterious way an ugly caterpillar (I am sorry, I have deep issues with crawling creatures) turns into a butterfly, a rainbow in the sky or any other natural miracle. However, I do not often hear about the miracle of people. Some people live such amazing lives that being around them is already a blessing and learning from them can be the biggest inspiration to live a balanced life.

The person who can inspire you can be your neighbor or your relative, a celebrity (I can’t say that I have many of those on my list though), a world-renowned scientist or a fellow-blogger. This person might be your friend or somebody you have never met before. As long as you can see a spark of miracle in that person, this person can be your biggest inspiration and your teacher.

Whenever I feel that I need a piece of advice I think of the people who inspire me and think “What would they do in a situation like this?” This technique helps me to look at my life through the eyes of a different person and it helps me to see what habits or what attitude I should develop in order to cope with this situation. Whenever you feel like you are stuck and you do not know how to live in balance, look at the people around you and learn from them. Be grateful for the people you meet in life or the people who you can learn from. Use every opportunity to grow and make your life a truly balanced one.

Click through and read the rest of this article and other ideas she explores on her blog.

1 comment:

  1. Anastasiya's blog is so well done. Thanks for featuring her here. :) It's great when lovely bloggers get the attention they deserve. :)

    ReplyDelete