Header

Header
Be a Pineapple: Stand Tall, Wear a Crown and Be Sweet Inside.

space



Saturday, August 31, 2013

Crafts are great - if you can afford them




I've been wanting to make one of these wreaths with ribbon for the granddaughters.  I bought the loopy-thing but when I went to Joann's for ribbon, I couldn't believe the $$$$ for the gorgeous ribbon they carry.  Does anybody have an idea of how to do this using some kind of stiff material instead of expensive ribbon.  Or a store that carries inexpensive, but gorgeous, ribbon.  

1 comment:

  1. That wreath is beautiful, but yes, I just bought three little spools of ribbon to tie on my ponytail, and it wasn't cheap, even at Wal-Mart.

    Maybe make smaller wreaths? Or for a larger wreath, collect some pine cones, space them out, glue them on, and put the ribbons in between? That might be really pretty. Or put anything appropriate spaced out then attach the ribbons. Hummm. Little toys? Angels? Santas?

    Google "ribbon wreaths" and see what kind of photos come up from other crafters.

    The photo you posted looks like a lot of work - whew! :)

    ReplyDelete