Header

Header
Be a Pineapple: Stand Tall, Wear a Crown and Be Sweet Inside.

space



Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mother's Day

I got the best Mother's Day present from my daughter.


This is a 32 disc set of the Cagney & Lacey series.  I doubt you'll hear me say I have nothing to watch for quite some time.

For those of you who were not die hard C&L fans like myself here is some info.

Cagney & Lacey is an American television series that originally aired on the CBS television network for seven seasons from October 8, 1981 to May 16, 1988. A police procedural, the show stars Tyne Daly and Sharon Gless as New York City police detectives who lead very different lives: Christine Cagney (Gless) was a single, career-minded woman, while Mary Beth Lacey (Daly) was a married working mother. The series was set in a fictionalized version of Manhattan's 14th Precinct (Midtown South).
The two main actresses combined to win the Emmy for Best Lead Actress in a Drama for six consecutive years, a winning streak unmatched in any major category by a show.




Tyne Daly is just an incredible actress.  Do you remember her as Kate Moore in the Dirty Harry "The Enforcer" movie with Clint Eastwood in 1976?  


If not maybe you remember her as Maxine Gray in Judging Amy, 1999-2005.

Meanwhile Sharon Gless has most recently been seen in as Madeline Westen on Burn Notice (2007–2013).  

I love Sharon's character on C&L.  She has the best laugh ever.  If I knew how to post a sound track I would find a copy of her laugh and share it.  

This has been such an enjoyable trip down memory lane.  And I'm sure you are going to see some more posts as the 32 discs are viewed.  






No comments:

Post a Comment