Header

Header
Be a Pineapple: Stand Tall, Wear a Crown and Be Sweet Inside.

space



Thursday, June 26, 2014

Hot Time, Summer in the City

Buddy and I worked in the yard this afternoon and I thought I would share a few pictures.  I don't think I've posted pictures of the backyard since last summer. Winter was really hard on my yard and I wasn't sure how many plants I would lose, but I came out pretty well.  All the rain we have had has helped a lot also.

It did rain earlier this morning but I just had to rake some of the leaves.  So I'll start at the end with muddy footprints coming in the house.  Buddy wasn't quite as ready as I was to get inside.



Here are some of my first blooms.  Hibiscus in two different colors.  These blooms are just opening.  I've had other blooms already but the rain beat them down.


Next is Esperenza or Yellow Trumphet Plant.  These are the first blooms and should cover all of one bed and part of the larger bed. 



And what yard would be complete without a few little cute things to look at. First a metal cat jumping out of a planter. 



A little reminder to give Peace a chance.


A concrete figure hidden at the back of the big bed. 


And the most important corner holds the Granddaughter's play things.  Under the blue plastic cover is the big hard plastic kitchen.  You'll also see the shopping basket and doll buggy on the right hand side of the kitchen.  And the bucket for washing dishes, pitcher for pouring tea and bags of plastic food and dishes are under my potting table on the left of the kitchen.  And finally the hula hoop and pint-sized rake for yard work with Nana. 




I've got a few more to show you but I'll save them for tomorrow.  

No comments:

Post a Comment