Header

Header
Be a Pineapple: Stand Tall, Wear a Crown and Be Sweet Inside.

space



Friday, June 27, 2014

Yesterday's Blooms

I checked on the status of the Hibiscus blooms this morning and here is what I found.  The first bud is fully open.  I think it is called La Fortuna.  Pretty huh?


The second bud has not opened all the way but if you look closely to its right, almost on top of the leaf, you will see a new bud.  I prefer the roseish color of this plant and meant to buy all of the same color.  Alas, you have to go with the flow and since the orangeish plant makes beautiful flowers, it is welcome.  




I tried to get a close up of this tiny bud on the other side of my yard but it didn't come out.  I'm going to try to take frequent pictures as it opens.  

Behind this plant is a Lantana on the left and a large ginger plant on the right.  I have two large plantings of ginger and a third I started last year that is still scraggly.  The gingers are not looking so great yet.  I'll do a little trimming and then post a few picks.  



Below in the back left corner is my Agapanthus.  When I planted this bed there were no Elephant Ears.  I planted two Agapanthus in the back and four other bulbs spread out in the middle and front.  The two Agas survived but the other four, whose names I have forgotten, were a wasted effort even before the Elephant Ears appeared.


Here is the bloom of the Agapanthus growing sideways on its long stem trying to find some light. It is just starting to open.  


This is what my Aga should look like:


Oh well, you do the best you can.

That's it for now.  I've done the dishes, watched an episode of Cagney & Lacey (see my Mother's Day post), put the clothes in to wash, made this post and now I'll have a little lunch.

Enjoy your day. 

1 comment:

  1. I've never had a hibiscus in my yard, but my mom used to grow them. When I was a teenager, I read that when you take a bath, you should float a beautiful flower in the water and concentrate on how beautiful it is, and that beauty will grow inside you, and you will feel beautiful too. I used to float a hibiscus flower. Did it work? Kind of, I think. Try it. :)

    ReplyDelete