Header

Header
Be a Pineapple: Stand Tall, Wear a Crown and Be Sweet Inside.

space



Saturday, November 1, 2014

Going with the flow a/k/a learning something new



I was reading an article in Better Homes and Gardens about 7 Healthy Fall Foods and I realized that I have never had Roasted Chestnuts.  Yes they are Christmasy but being a native Texan, they've never been a staple of my fall or Christmas holidays.

Since my retirement I've decided that I must learn to go with the flow and quit fighting change.  Thats food for another post, but small steps .... and I must try something new.

So my fall challenge to try something new will include Chestnuts.  Not a big step but something I know absolutely nothing about.

So look forward to hearing about how, when and where I learn about Chestnuts.  Suggestions appreciated.  In the mean time, here is what BH&G has to say about ....

Chestnuts

These nuts are a snack you can feel good about thanks to their half-day supply of vitamin B6, which plays a role in boosting the immune system, keeping skin youthful, and possibly even fighting lung cancer. Chestnuts are also high in fiber, which helps fill you up so you eat less.

No comments:

Post a Comment