Header

Header
Be a Pineapple: Stand Tall, Wear a Crown and Be Sweet Inside.

space



Thursday, February 19, 2015

I LOST MY LIPS



It is with a heavy heart that I announce that I have lost my lips.  I'm not sure when it happened.  I know when I retired almost a year ago I was wearing lip stick or lip gloss.  I must have had some then.  

Here is me today. Up close and no makeup. Ok, not attractive I know but we are dealing with reality here.  There is very little fullness to the top lip, hardly any points to the cupid's bow, and wrinkles starting above the upper lip.  And just as bad, the corners are turning down so I look like I'm frowning if I don't deliberately smile. 





Then if I even try to smile, VANISHED.  GONE.  NO LIPS.  Ok, maybe a tiny line.  If I put on red lipstick it would look like someone had drawn two straight red lines under my nose.  

How sad is this.  Maybe the collagen from my lips has fallen into those jowls trying to form on my chin line.  

Oh well, I knew it was coming.  I just didn't know it had gotten here.  Happy 65th Birthday to me.  


No mirrors were broken while taking these pictures.





10 comments:

  1. Well, sista, get used to it! I'm 56 and have all the symptoms,lol! I'm the happiest I've even been though and wouldn't trade it for ANYTHING!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I'm just lucky that I always had to show my driver's license when I was a kid because I looked so young. Maybe that gave me a handicap on this ageing thing.

      Delete
  2. My lips have always been on the thin side and I expect will keep getting thinner as I continue to get older. Such a weird thing - and yet don't men's ears get larger as they get older?

    A very, very Happy Birthday to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yuck. I'll take the lip problem over the ear problem. At least I don't have nose hairs. Maybe I should look before I speak though. Hahaha.

      Delete
  3. Oh this aging thing sucks. Our hair on our heads gets thinner but arrives under our nose or a wisp or two under our chins.
    Our lips get thinner to show off set the jowls I suppose.You skin gets thinner and more transparent and like onion paper.
    You body however doesn't get thinner - it spreads and acquires a few new lumps. What is that about?
    I want my mind at 45 and my body of 25. Is that really so much to ask for?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, if you find the list to sign up for the 45/25 thing, let me know. My name will be right behind yours. By the way I saw an add for boob deodorant the other day. Does that mean when the boobs sag far enough you need deodorant? What else don't I know.

      Delete
  4. Oh the indignities of aging! I think they do try to warn us, but who believes that stuff til it really starts to happen? Boob deodorant is a new one for me though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You start getting all these strange emails around your 65th birthday. There must be medicare lists available. I've signed up for insurance, donor program for body parts and a site to dedicate your body to science for which they will cremate you after they are through and send the remains to your family. In all these programs you have to put survivor information so my kids have been getting notified by email. I had to tell them, nothing is wrong, I just keep responding to these programs offered. They are looking at me strangely. It doesn't make me feel any closer to death. I worked for estate planning attorneys most of my life so being prepared comes naturally to me. I'm going to write a post about that soon, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have the same problem now and when I was younger, I used to look for ways to make my lips appear less thick ! You can never win ! Don't complain though, the other day I received some Tena pads in the mail !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My mom was just talking about the fact that she lost her lips too. Intact, she says that the top of her lip appears to be growing and she says it looks like a chimpanzee. I think she's beautiful and crazy for thinking that LOL

    I noticed that at around forty that the chin hairs were coming in. Now I find myself plucking those at the same frequency as my eyebrows.... Not good.

    ReplyDelete