Header

Header
Be a Pineapple: Stand Tall, Wear a Crown and Be Sweet Inside.

space



Tuesday, February 10, 2015

MAJOR SOUP FAIL

Yesterday after eating the last of the chicken soup I went to the store to buy a variety of goods for this week.  I spent $14 and here's what I brought home:




2 cans of corn, 2 cans of black beans, 2 cans of pinto beans,
2 cans of Cream of Chicken Soup, 1 can Cream of Mushroom,
and 1 can Tomato Soup.
3 Frozen Vegetables Mixes - Vegetable Gumbo Mix, 
Vegetable Soup Mix and Fiesta Style Vegetables.
A package of Boneless Chicken Breasts.


This is a pretty good example of my starting point.  However, what I did Monday was take the last single serving cooked chicken tenders and add to that one can of Tomato Soup, one small can of Tomato Paste, one bag of Fiesta Style Vegetables and one can of Corn.

I made a similar batch not long ago and it was pretty good.  The Fiesta Vegetable went with the tomato and corn for a Mexicany taste.  

Well this time I either picked up a different kind of frozen Fiesta Vegetables or Kroger changed the contents.  I didn't read the ingredients on the bag before I dumped it all into the crock pot.  

This time the frozen Fiesta Vegetables contained garbanzo beans.  I don't like garbanzo beans.  They remind me of hominy and that is the food from my childhood I still gag when I think of.  

I tried to eat around the garbanzos but there were too many.  I really tried but YUCK.  No way.  Nope.  Nada.  

I poured the whole thing down the garbage disposal.  So sometimes it's soup and some times it's garbage. This time - garbage.







2 comments:

  1. I have no experience with hominy--can't say I even know what it is. I was well into adulthood before I ever tasted a garbanzo bean, but I like them--hummus especially.

    ReplyDelete