Header

Header
Be a Pineapple: Stand Tall, Wear a Crown and Be Sweet Inside.

space



Sunday, February 1, 2015

RAKING IS NO WAY TO GET SLIM ANYTIME SOON

It was another beautiful day outside so I spent a couple of hours playing around the yard and raking leaves.  When I finally came in, I was winded, dirty and my back ached.  I sat down in my chair for a few moments to gather the strength to shower.  As I sat there, I thought smugly back to the raking I had done and decided I had certainly burned up some calories.  How many I wondered?  So I did a little research, and I mean little because I was so disappointed. 

According to Livestrong.com, you need to burn about 3,500 calories to burn off 1 pound ….. so 35,000 (!!!) to burn 10 pounds.   Livestrong quoted Harvard Health as saying a 125 pound person raking the yard for 30 minutes will burn 120 calories. A 155 pound person will work off 149 calories in the same span. 


Do I have to do the math?  Let's just say I'll never get in shape from raking.

.


My cheering squad.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment