Header

Header
Be a Pineapple: Stand Tall, Wear a Crown and Be Sweet Inside.

space



Saturday, February 28, 2015

SYNCHRONICITY

You may not have had time to read the post I shared from The Simple Dollar entitled Balancing Spending and Time: How “Time Frugality” Can Save You Lots of Cash.   I know it's long but having read it and being in the process of digesting it and figuring out what it means to my life, I ran across another good article on the same or similar subject.  I read this parable a long time ago but had forgotten it.  If you've got time, also read this post from The Simple Dollar.  Some Thoughts on the Parable of the Fisherman and the Banker.

My question is: Are we working to live or living to work?

My second question: If we are already retired, are we living our life in the best way to have a simple and fulfilling lifestyle?

If you're snowed in it might be a perfect day to read these posts and ponder these questions.

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yes, it very simply makes the point.

      Delete
  2. Hello dear Barbara, thank you so much for your comments on my blog, I took great pleasure (and solace) in reading them. I'll be checking out the 2 posts you're referring to right now. XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a great amount of fun on your blog also. Together we shall struggle down this road.

      Delete
  3. Contentment with enough, gratefulness, kindness and sharing are the things i strive for in my life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also feel very contented these days. I love my life but still don't have enough hours in the day even though I have all those hours I used to spend at work. The other day i felt bored. When I realized what I was feeling I was amazed. I don't think I've had time to be bored since I was 12. It delighted me and I immediately thought of 3 things I wanted to do and off I ran.

      Delete
  4. I've been retired for about a year and a half and it took me the first year to slow down and actually figure out what it was I wanted to be doing. There were so many things I delayed doing until I was retired and had time that I was frantic to pack it all in as soon as possible. It's been a fun process and I like the balance in my life that I have right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you panic when you first retired? I went through a strange three months I felt an emptiness where that feeling of work accomplishment had been and I just felt scared, for lack of a better description. When I finally realized I was trying to feel the same accomplishment I got from work, I had to help myself see that my hobbies and interests were able to give me a personal sense of accomplishment that was as satisfying as the professional accomplishment had been. Anyway, I'm all over that and so happy with retirement.

      Delete
  5. Barbara, another question: are we more concerned with making a living or making a life? I'm with you, trying to have a simple and fulfilling life. Glad I found your blog today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely concentrating on a life now, but I remember the time it was all about making a living. Well the kids are grown and gone and I finally get to pursue a smaller, more laid-back lifestyle surrounded by my interests and items I love. Thanks for dropping by. I look forward to reading your good recipes and other shares.

      Delete