Header

Header
Be a Pineapple: Stand Tall, Wear a Crown and Be Sweet Inside.

space



Tuesday, March 17, 2015

ANOTHER WONDERFUL WEEKEND WITH GRANDDAUGHTER #1

Ladies I am so tired after spending the weekend with Granddaughter #1.  My brain is numb from some little person talking to me nonstop.  My back is sore from what?  Getting up and down to reach things?  

I took a nap after I dropped her off yesterday.  Then I got up and had some supper and napped again.  Then about 2:00 in the morning I was awake, of course.  So stayed up a while and tried to catch up on some of my blog reading.  

I kept thinking about how she likes to look at the computer over my shoulder. She would ask me about the pictures posted and authors of the blogs.  She couldn't understand why I didn't know where they lived and if they had any little kids.  LOL.  Children are so wonderful.  

I'm listening to a book set in Yugoslavia during the war after Tito.  But it could be any war.  All the little children and their families living with such fear and desperation.  I don't follow politics and wars like I used to but I'm so sad that there are children and their families suffering so much.  I don't often think about it but when I watch her happy little face and the wonderful little life she lives I do think about those children that don't have it whether at home or abroad. My prayers go out. 

I don't have a lot of pictures to share this visit.  She loves taking pictures and I have to fight for my time with the camera.  I did get some interesting pictures of the flower beds that she took.  They were all from a short person's view.  

Here she is feeding Buddy some of her strawberries. That really scared me.  Can dogs eat strawberries?  I was afraid it would kill him but then I was afraid she would hug him to death also.  




She had to talk me into buying something while we were at Target so we settled on a new hooded bath towel.  



Here she is playing with her cash register.  She loves to play store.  Her all time favorite is playing school though so we go through lots of paper while she is here.



Well that's all I have to share today.  These cupboards are bare so I'm off to the store.  Luckily I have soup makings in the freezer so it won't be much.


2 comments:

  1. I know that feeling of exhaustion, but it is so worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is. And I'm so thankful that I'm still able to devote the time and energy to her. The Granddaughter #2 is four years behind her. Heaven help me.

      Delete