Header

Header
Be a Pineapple: Stand Tall, Wear a Crown and Be Sweet Inside.

space



Friday, March 13, 2015

GRANDDAUGHTER #1 COMES TODAY



I'm so excited.  Granddaughter #1 is coming to spend a couple of days with me. Grandson #1 is also coming to share some time between his Aunt (my daughter) and me.

Grandson #1 is such a wonderful kid.  Handsome, smart and well-mannered. However, he is 15 and will be 16 in June.  That means teenager.  We all know that nasty word.   I know there are a few children this age that are still wonderful but the majority of kids go through the phase.  

I keep telling his father, my son, that Grandson #1 is so much better than he was at that stage - truth is, any stage.  My son can't be totally blamed, he had too many of his father's genes.  LOL.  All the good ones came from me, of course.

I tell my son, this too will pass and he just shakes his head.  His cute, loving, little man has turned into someone who knows everything and is being treated unjustly by the world.  Exactly who this "everyone gets to do it" is unknown to Dad.

Yet most of us have raised teenagers and they survived and so did we.  I'm sorry my mother who passed did not get to see this.  She would certainly be saying that I was even worse.  I distinctly remember knowing more than my mother as a teenager.

I'm just glad for the years I have with Granddaughter #1 before she gets to that stage.


6 comments:

  1. My daughter reached that teenage phase at 24 ! It was worse because she'd always been so perfect and suddenly, she started to go out every night with unsuitable friends, not give news and be sulky all the time. Of course, she was so old that I couldn't say anything but I then went through all the anxiety and frustration that parents experience when faced with teenagers. Better to see them like that when you expect it ! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My daughter (first born) was a late bloomer and my son an early bloomer. Neither was great, although she was better. But I think the same sex child is always harder.

      Delete
  2. I can see from that picture that you are going to be in for a fun time with that little girl.

    My granddaughter has reached the teenage stage. My daughter complains and my mouth drops open. Really, does she not remember doing the very same things?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to tell my son all the time how much easier he has it than what I went through with him. I know he thinks it is mean because he is asking for advice, not a lecture, but it just slips out of my mouth. I remember thinking "I hope you have one just like you." but I wouldn't do that to anybody. LOL. Seriously he is a good dad and Grandson #1 is a good boy, they'll get through it.

      Delete
  3. I never realized how dumb I really was until I had teenagers ;) I don't think it really ends until they're 30, honestly. I actually apologized to my mom, a few years back, because I was such a know it all. She accepted graciously :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Somethings never change. I think that is karma. We get to see our children suffering through what they put us through.

      Delete