Header

Header
Be a Pineapple: Stand Tall, Wear a Crown and Be Sweet Inside.

space



Wednesday, March 18, 2015

JUST SHARING THE LOVE


My brain is still numb today so I don't have a lot of thoughts to share.  Instead, I have been blog hopping. Blogs are like a box of chocolate candy.  Each one you open is different.  Each one fills your soul with a different type of filling.  Some blogs are so polished, so professional, so well thought out and well written. Others, like mine, are more of a journal entry - just a little slice of someone's life.
I've always been a visual person.  I love all the pictures.  Yes, they often cause me angst because I want to run out, rip up my flower beds and start all over like the one I've seen.  I know that I will never be completely satisfied with my yard. That is ok.  It's just a canvas I'll never finish and a project I'll always love.

I've always been an arm chair traveler.  I've never traveled much.  Plenty of family vacations when the kids were little.  A few yearly vacations as an adult with my daughter and her husband - where to - mostly art museums.  Again, visual.  So I love the pictures of places foreign to me - home and abroad.

I've always been a reader.  I think I would really have loved the internet back in the 70s when my kids were little and I only had a bit of time here and there. Now, since my retirement, I have lots of time and I can't think of any better way to spend it than reading.  A day, an hour or all night.  It's my choice.  However, daily chores must be done so sitting down with a cup of coffee and a few minutes shared on the web before chores is a wonderful way to start the day.

I've always been a researcher.  Back before the internet, I might have checked out six books on a subject - let's just say how to recover a chair - in order to get all the information and, visual again, photo instructions.  Now I can be an (arm) chair expert in minutes.  I may not recover that chair, but just knowing I  have the information if I wanted to - priceless, as they say.

Well, I guess I did have a little bit of something to say.  Nothing important, just sharing my appreciation for all the blogs you post and all the thoughts you share. Bloggers make my circle of friends wider and my world larger.  That's a good thing.






7 comments:

  1. I enjoy your blog a great deal....just so you know. :-)
    ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe thanks. We're both just putting it out there and hoping we don't offend anyone!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. My BFF (if 65 year olds can have best friends forever) is hooked on Facebook. I don't really find that as entertaining as blogging except for the pictures of grandkids I wouldn't see otherwise. For me, blogging is it.

      Delete
  3. I enjoyed this post or, as you put it, this little slice of your life. Very honest and I can relate to a lot of what you said. The internet is an amazing thing and, as a researcher myself, I sometimes wonder how I functioned before having the world of information at my fingertips.

    (My wi-fi dropped me the first time I commented, so hope you aren't getting this for a second time.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. My kids can't understand why I don't have a smartphone. The real reason is I'm afraid I'll become addicted to something else besides this blogging business. Pretty soon we will be living the life of the Jetsons!!

      Delete
    2. Barbara, I too have always been a reader and researcher. Like you, I often checked out as many books as I could carry on a single subject. Sometimes now when I want to know something and can find the answer in seconds on the internet, I feel a wave of nostalgia for those long days at the public library. sigh

      Delete