Header

Header
Be a Pineapple: Stand Tall, Wear a Crown and Be Sweet Inside.

space



Monday, April 13, 2015

Another wonderful weekend

It has been a kind of cloudy, kind of humid, softly raining kind of weekend.  I can see the light at the end of the tunnel as far as this respiratory bug goes.  Over the worst of it and improved enough that I can into the grocery without people getting out of line because of my coughing.




In fact, I had to make a kleenex run last night and I felt so much better that I was going to buy myself some ice cream as a treat. They didn't have my current favorite flavor of Blue Bell Ice Cream on the shelf so I settled for a Nutty Buddy. Remember them?  Nothing like a little nostalgia to soothe your soul.


I have thoroughly enjoyed this weekend.  Friends and family all busy with odds and ends.  Do you enjoy time alone?  I do.  I read, watch something I recorded, catch up on blog reading.  I even ironed my new shower curtain today.  It had creases from being packaged and it was really bothering me.  I had a small burst of energy so I pulled out the iron and ironing board - I was surprised I still had both - and ironed the majority of the wrinkles out of that bad boy.

It makes me happy to look at it now.  I thought about ironing a couple of curtains that looked a little wrinkled, but I didn't want to push a good thing.

My lantana is putting out a good bunch of flowers and my ferns are a really healthy green.  I appreciate their blooming and taking care of themselves since I still haven't been able to do any gardening.

I have been filling the bird feeders again and the birds are back.  I have to buy some more feed for the small birds.  I like those big plastic tubs with the handles but they are so darned heavy.  I'll have to save that errand until the grandson comes again.  

Something sat in one of my hanging pansy baskets.  I had just trimmed both baskets before I got sick and they were looking so pretty.  The inside of one basket is all trampled like a hoe down had been celebrated.  I'm not sure if it was a squirrel or one of those fat doves.  I've been keeping my eye out for the culprit but haven't identified a suspect yet.

I've been listening to Gray Mountain by John Grisham.  It is really good and really meaningful, but I haven't finished it yet so I'll comment about that later. There has been an Appalachia connection in the last couple of books I've picked out, without meaning to zero in on that subject.  I find that often happens in my reading.  I went through a spell a while back with books that were set in Minnesota.   Before that I went through a Native American slew of books.  I usually pick my books by author and often don't even read the review.  Funny how that turns out.

There is a soft wind blowing through the trees, Buddy is asleep after the nice little walk we took - another item added back into my day.  I'm feeling happy. Maybe even better, I feel content.  Hope you are too.


8 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you are feeling more chipper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate being sick and I am glad to be recovering. I am warning everyone though, this respiratory bug is a doozy so watch out..

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you're feeling better, Barbara. Thank you for visiting my blog and for your kind words. I'm sorry I haven't been visiting in return. I've been MIA with all the packing, moving, etc. Hope the rest of your week is filled with joy. xo ~ Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel for you with all the goings on but am thrilled for you also. Just glad it's not me packing and unpacking. My back aches for you. Low back in my current complaint but in your case, well worth the aches and pains.

      Delete
  3. Good to hear you're on the mend. And the reason they didn't have your Blue Bell is because they have recalled all their products for Listeria. So you'll have to eat those great Nutty Buddy's that I have always called Drumsticks. I love those - oh how I miss ice cream cones. But at least I can still have ice cream. :-)

    And yes, I LOVE to be alone and never get to be. When my husband goes on a fishing trip friends will try to fill my calendar and all I want is a book, something on my DVR, glass of wine and perhaps my favorite frozen green grapes. :-) A weekend of that sounds divine about now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I remember I loved it when my ex had guy outings only I had two babies - but two was better then three (meaning him). Hahaha. I keep hearing about frozen grapes but I've never tried it. I'm going to put it on my things to do list. I have to keep reminder these days!!

      Delete
  4. There must be something going around b/c I've been sniffling and sneezing for a couple of days as well. I like time alone, too . . . but not for ironing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My doctor told me that a lot of people thought it was just allergy so didn't see a dr until they got really sick. I tried over the counter for a week. Then went to doctor and it still took me another week of prescriptions - and I mean hard weeks. So, my recommendation is to watch it and get a prescription if it continue to get worse. I wish I had.

      Delete