Header

Header
Be a Pineapple: Stand Tall, Wear a Crown and Be Sweet Inside.

space



Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Continuing Bird Saga


Yesterday I told you the story of the wailing bird.  It was finally quiet and I thought it had died or flown away because I didn't hear its cry the rest of the day.

This morning I heard it again.  I looked around and didn't see anything.  There was a squirrel frozen in place but it wasn't making any noises.  I didn't see any birds or cats or urban wildlife.  I listened again to its crying.  The sound was longer than a normal bird twitter and louder, I thought.  It sounded almost like a seagull swooping down on the beach.  Although Galveston is an hour in another direction, I was pretty sure it wasn't a seagull.

Then I heard my neighbor (male) speaking and he said "Go on.  Get out of here." I couldn't see him over the fence and since I still had my nightgown on, I didn't holler out to him.

I intend to ask him when I see him but it is driving me crazy not knowing.  I live in an older part of the city with lots of trees, birds, dog, cats, raccoons, possums and I don't know what else.

Can you think of anything that sounds somewhat like a seagull that might have been in my neighbors yard?

6 comments:

  1. For the longest time, I thought a bird was making a noise in our yard and it turned out to be a squirrel! I didn't even know squirrels made noises. I don't think it sounds like a gull though, it was more of a clucking noise. A mystery for sure. Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Kim. It was probably a squirrel, and it was probably warning about a cat. They make an odd sound when a cat is around!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not a clue. Couldn't be a pipe or anything somewhere, could it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Squirrels will scold and scold when they get a mind to. I really got a chuckle from the picture you used.

    ReplyDelete