Header

Header
Be a Pineapple: Stand Tall, Wear a Crown and Be Sweet Inside.

space



Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Spring Has Sprung Without Me



(These are last year's blooms.)


I wanted to write a few words today because I am so sick of being sick and not being able to write a few words.

I don't know what I have or had.  Finally got to the doctor yesterday after the snafu last week.  I got a shot, two prescriptions and an inhaler.  Apparently there has been a lot of this going around.  People thinking it was just allergies until it became an infection.  Of course each  prescription I was given has a side effect.  One makes my blood pressure go up, the other makes my sugar go up.  It feels like I'm having hot flashes all over again - and that is something I don't want to relive.  Hear me?  So enough about sickness and on to life.

For the last week the fixit guys have been here replacing boards on the main house and my apartment.  It took so long to wait our turn in line that I couldn't complain that I was dying and all the hammering was only helping me get there faster.

The problem is not the noise or the stacks of wood, or the nails that I keep finding on the ground - old, rusty, nasty nails.  The problem is that thanks to my onslaught of illnesses, I didn't get to get in my yard like everyone else in blogland.  My flower beds aren't cleaned of winter debris.  The sticks and stems haven't been collected and set aside for the birds.  In fact, I probably haven't even feed the birds twice in the last two weeks.  They have probably moved out thinking that I moved out.

There are flakes of old paint blown around the yard and little slivers of old wood dotting the ground.  It's not their fault, its my frustration.  I look out in yard and instead of the land of contentment, I see a battlefield.  I know it is a war I can win.  I know it is not a lost cause.  I just want my health back so I can get out there.  It will happen.  Isn't it always the case that you want the thing you can't have?

If my biggest complaint (ok, second biggest complaint after my cough) is that I can't get out in the yard and get nasty, sweaty, dirty - then my life must be going pretty well.

So Thank You Lord for a life that is going pretty well.


5 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry you've been sick. I had the same stuff for about 3 weeks, so I know how awful it is. I hope you feel better real soon.

    (((hugs)))
    rue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww Hon, I'm so sorry you have been hit with whatever this virus or bug or whatever, is.... No fair! No fair!!! No fair!!!

    But if you follow doctor's orders, and take all your meds, and rest (as much as possible with the hammering!), etc., etc,. etc..... You will be outside and getting dirty, before you know it. ,-))))))

    Gentle hugs,
    Tessa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry you are sick, and I hope you feel well soon. xoox

    ReplyDelete
  4. That nasty cough thing has definitely made the rounds. I hope you are on the recovery end now. And you are perfectly free to complain about anything that reminds you of hot flashes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barbara, it's so frustrating that trying to get well means making yourself unwell in other ways. Phooey! Try to get some sunshine at least. You can enjoy the feeling of spring by closing your eyes while enjoying some sun (ignoring the mess - I have mess, too!). Maybe take a good book and an orange to eat with you. Works for me! Rest and sunshine do wonders!

    Hope the noise dies down soon!

    <3

    ReplyDelete