Header

Header
Be a Pineapple: Stand Tall, Wear a Crown and Be Sweet Inside.

space



Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Squirrel Making Noise



Kimberly at Nutbrown Cottage sent me this link to help identify that pitiful squawking I was hearing.  For all of you who voted that it was a squirrel sound, I think you were right.

I was all ready to play the tape when I heard the cries today but, of course, no cries.  So I'm just going with the belief that it was a squirrel.  Much better than worrying about a baby bird or injured bird.

When I get anal about something I often go to far.  I wouldn't say I went to far last night but I did listen and watch some of the most interesting animal videos on YouTube.

There are about 800,000 kinds of wolves and they all have a different call.  There were other animals I've never even heard of that were distantly related to other animals I have never seen.  And all that was not even counting the bird videos I didn't watch - except for the owls.

I'm sure we have owls down here but I've never heard one in my yard.  I don't think I would appreciate any kind of bird that preferred to make their noise at night, but it was very, very interesting.

All you Grans out there, watching animal sounds might be a fun adventure for a rainy afternoon.  Grand Daughter #1 loves to feed my birds and runs inside to tell me when one is in the yard.  Of course, all the noise she makes scares them off but I think this is something I'll save for one of those  "I don't have anything to do" afternoons.

I hear the little birds outside and its nice to have them back.  I did hear a male cardinal at the feeder the last two days when everyone else seemed to be missing. I wonder if male cardinals prefer solitary feeding.  I see the female cardinal come with the little birds but this is the first time I've seen the larger male in quite a while.

That's what I love about retirement.  You have time for the little things that you often miss or just don't have time to appreciate in the hurry, hurry world of work and parenthood.






3 comments:

  1. Testing out the no-reply blog posted by Kimberly at Nutbrown Cottage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to hear an owl hooting at night--although sometimes they can go on.

    In VT, crows roost in the line of trees along the field behind my house. Ahh, the sweet sound of birdsong in the morning--CAW! CAW!

    Cardinals are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been watching puppy and funny dog videos on youtube lately. LOL

    ReplyDelete