Header

Header
Be a Pineapple: Stand Tall, Wear a Crown and Be Sweet Inside.

space



Monday, April 20, 2015

The Birds were right.


This is a picture from my friend who lives in Tomball, Texas.  Tomball is about an hour down the road.  As you can see, that is some big hail.  I only got some light rain.

The birds have't really been back today.  I heard a lot of squawking this morning and when outside to see.  There was a cat sitting on the fence.  The cats use the fence as a walk through all the time.  There at least six cats I'll see on the fence from time to time and only one of them belongs to the house next door.  My cat is to old and fat to get on the fence.  I have no idea where they are going when they cross the fence.

Anyway, I heard all this ruckus and my first thought after I saw the cat on the fence was that a baby bird or injured bird had fallen.  I went out to see if it was in my flower bed but whatever was happening was on the other side of the fence. There was a second bird squawking also like a mother or a mate.  I tried to make noises and shoo the cat away but I couldn't really see him through the fence slats so I don't know if it worked.
 
Eventually the noise stopped so either the cat got the bird or it flew away.  I'm hoping for the later.

Missing the bird noises.  Wish they'd come back.  

3 comments:

  1. They are bound to come back if they remember about the food. That is an impressive bowl of hail!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think your storm came to us today! Hope the birds return soon!

      Delete
  2. Wow, that is crazy-sized hail! We don't get hail even twice a year, and when we do, the biggest it usually is is pea-sized, so I'm impressed!

    Hopefully, your birds will be back very soon. :)

    ReplyDelete