Header

Header
Be a Pineapple: Stand Tall, Wear a Crown and Be Sweet Inside.

space



Sunday, April 19, 2015

Weather Alerts


There have been weather alerts flashing across the TV all day long.  Since I watch so many recorded programs, I had to make sure it was a live warning and not a warning meant for last week some time.  It was for today.

Last night I bought a new bucket of food for the little birds but didn't fill their feeders until this morning.  I also threw out the sunflower seeds for the bigger birds and doves.  Usually the bird will show up within 30 minutes as if they could hear the bucket rattling from where they were.

I took a bag of garbage out to the can about an hour later and realized there were no birds - large or small.  There was a very ominous quiet settled over the neighborhood.  No bird noises, no dogs, no children playing.

I assume the birds must be hunkered down for the approaching storm.  They have not feed at all today so I have a feeling it will be a big storm.  Luckily I have several books and books on CD to entertain me.  I hope the electricity doesn't go out.  We'll see what happens.

If there is no big storm, I'm not trusting those little birds again!!



12 comments:

  1. Hope things aren't too bad, Barbara. Will pray for your safety!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you are prepared it always passes you by. I was lucky. When you see the hail picture you'll know why.

      Delete
  2. I hope your electricity stays on and that you stay safe! You'll have to follow up to let us know if the birds were right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't have any problems but my friend sure did. I posted her hail picture - plus it dented her new car she got last week. :( She is very distraught.

      Delete
  3. Lots of storms here today also. I have noticed how the birds seem to "disappear" when a storm is coming. And like you say.. i think they watch me and know exactly when I fill their feeders with seed. Sometimes when I am "working" in the yard, a mockingbird follows me from one area to the next, singing its' little heart out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The band of storms was long and thin so hitting lots of places at the same time. I just can't imagine hail the size I posted today. Amazes me that can happen.

      Delete
  4. Hope you were well and no ill effects from any inclement weather. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so lucky compared to others. I don't really worry about the weather unless there are hurricane warnings, and those I take seriously. But the skies were so strange yesterday. I'm just glad it missed me and my plants.

      Delete
  5. Storms tend to take me by surprise as I am not good about checking weather predictions. Sometimes it is nice to kept in by a storm, but not when the electricity goes out or shingles fly off the roof.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not sure where in the country you are but I hadn't heard of storms in our part. I hope you are not in the Southwest of Scotland as I wouldn't want our cottage to flood again - it isn't fixed from last years storms yet!
    PS love the photo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No. I'm in Houston, Texas and I have lucked out in all the bad weather that has come through my state lately. I have been in more than enough flooding and hurricanes that I appreciate it when skips my little part of town. Houston is so big you can have drought in one neighborhood and flooding in another at the same time! That's an exaggeration but sometimes it feels true. I've heard about your flooding in Scotland. Hope you made it through ok.

      Delete
  7. When the air gets still an the birds take cover and be quiet, I take their warnings seriously.

    ReplyDelete