Header

Header
Be a Pineapple: Stand Tall, Wear a Crown and Be Sweet Inside.

space



Friday, May 1, 2015

I read Blogs to learn how you live and to gain knowledge through your life lessons

Peanut on the Table introduced me to a new word on her blog today.  The word is Lagom.  It is a Swedish word meaning - Not too much, not too little.  Just right.

With spring we always talk about decluttering, clearing out, down sizing.  Aren't we attempting to reach "just right?"

From now on I will use this word to moderate my life.  I will also use it as a ruler against which I measure the satisfaction I feel about my life.  I do feel my life is close to "just right" and I didn't realize it until I understood Lagom.    Thank you Tammyj.


8 comments:

  1. oh barbara! thanks for the shout out about the peanut.
    and i agree totally with you about the contentment of a 'just right' life! you've said it so well. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. And thank you for passing on the new word. Lagom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great word. I went "decluttering mad" a few years ago, but found I had tossed or given away things I needed. Had to repurchase them. So finding the happy balance takes time for some of us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome shout out, and one Tammy deserved. It IS very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thought-provoking, Barbara. I've been working on "lagom" for awhile now. I hope soon I can say I've reached that point. Enjoy the rest of the weekend. ~ Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. While I am "laid-up" with Siatica, I am leaving this comment..... Tessa was here. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Barbara, Thanks for the sweet comments on my blog. I LOVE Tammy! She is smart AND funny- a perfect combination!..oh--and REAL! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete