Header

Header
Be a Pineapple: Stand Tall, Wear a Crown and Be Sweet Inside.

space



Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Just been taking it easy

A picture of me and Granddaughter #1 walking my dog Buddy.
(She scotch taped the picture to the wall if you are wondering about all the tape.)
(Look at the smile on Buddy's face!)

I've just kind of been coasting lately.  Feeling content and lazy and nothing in particular to talk about.  Then Granddaughter #1 came to stay for a week.  

We walked Buddy every day.  I've told you how Granddaughter #1 loves flowers, and sticks and stones.  We always come home with a handful every trip. She and I have taken walks since she was a little thing.  We call them nature walks and we look and discuss anything that seems interesting.  She loves seeing a new flower or plant and makes such a big deal of it.  It is so thrilling see the world through her eyes.

We went to the library twice and read a few books but not as many as other trips. She spent a lot of time playing tea party. My friend bought her some theme paper plates and napkins and Granddaughter #1 had the coffee table set up with a place for all the dolls and stuffed toys.  

I have a roll of gift wrapping paper that has been taking up space near the kitchen desk for quite some time.  She asked to play with it and has entertained herself for hours wrapping boxes and anything else she could find.  It turned out to be an fun and inexpensive way for her to entertain herself for long periods of time.

I've slowly been trying to put things back in place.  The problem is not that she is so messy, it is that I keep bringing home more than we have space for.  As soon as my back has recovered I need to go through her chest and see if I can donate or pack some of the things she has outgrown.  

I've been working in the yard moving plants around.  I have a couple of bushes that have become too leggy and so I moved a dozen plants around.  I timed it pretty well and quit working in the yard just in time to keep from hurting myself. 

Well I guess I'l stop here.  The weather woke me up around 2:00 am.  We are just now getting that heavy rain that plagued Austin and San Antonio.  I couldn't go back to sleep so I thought I'd chat with you.  Now I'm feeling relaxed and ready to give it another go.  

Famous last words from Arnold ... "I'll be back."


8 comments:

  1. Hi Barbara,

    How old is granddaughter #1? She's quite the artist, I would guess 4 or 5? I wonder why you didn't get a smile, lol! My Brooklyn loves to draw as well. She says she is going to be an artist when she grows up. We have such a good time; motherhood is so different from grandmotherhood. You don't mention your husband much in your posts. Are you divorced?

    I've been taking it easy in the garden as well. Last weekend I overdid it and ended up in a lot of pain. A visit to the RMT later and I'm feeling much better. I'm finding gardening increasingly difficult. It has become a chore where it used to be such a joy.

    S
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is 5 turning 6 in December. Poor child with a December 18 birthday. She does love to draw. We don't have a lot of artistic talent in the family so I'm excited for her to get that recessed gene. I think I'll do a post about being divorced.

      Delete
    2. Lol! You're too funny.

      Looking forward to your post on the big D.

      S
      xo

      Delete
  2. I had my two grand kids for the long weekend. Today is putting the house back into some semblance of order. My grandson was surely the inspiration for the Peanuts character, Pig Pen, in a previous incarnation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My son is the messy one, the DIL is pretty organized so when you say let's clean up now, GD#1 will hop to it. Thank goodness - bending over is hard on my back.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you had a wonderful time with your granddaughter. :) Please be safe with those storms, the flooding looks awful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Miz Barbara! Missed your posts! Sounds like you had a lovely time with your grandgirl and sorry to hear your back is bothering you. I did some yard work this weekend, too, and am thankful to not have any aches and pains to speak of. I did rely on others more than usual, so that's probably why. Harness the energy of the young, I say! lol

    I can't believe how badly poor Texas is getting pummeled. Holy smokes! Lord, please have mercy on my Texas friends and family!

    Are you having any flooding in your area, Barbara?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely week. I was denied the pleasure of a granddaughter...so glad you are able to enjoy such wonderful times with her. :) Stay safe in this weather!

    ReplyDelete