Header

Header
Be a Pineapple: Stand Tall, Wear a Crown and Be Sweet Inside.

space



Tuesday, June 9, 2015

A little update



I may have accidentally reset my sleep schedule.  Two nights ago I went to sleep at 6:30 a.m.  Yes!  Isn't that crazy.  About 5 hours later the handy man came to help me with my window AC that died this week.  Luckily I have another smaller unit in my bedroom so it has not been too bad.

Then last night my daughter came over and we ate and chatted until about 10 pm.  My back was still bothering me so I took one of the Tylenol PM tabs.  Of course I was really tired anyway but more often than not, I go to bed thinking I'm ready for sleep and then I get this second wind after midnight.

Well last night, I feel fast asleep.  Around midnight I woke up and I had to get up and eat something because my sugar dropped.  I was awake enough to make some cereal and eat it, but I feel right back to sleep.

Today I woke up around sometime after 8:00 am but I laid in bed listening to my book on tape.  I got up a little after 9:00.  Its 12:30 noon and I feel like I've been up 3 days.  I'm really tired but I'll try to stay awake all day and maybe, JUST MAYBE, I'll sleep at a normal time again.




6 comments:

  1. Since my illness has reared it's head of late and Dr's scramble to change my meds I am all over the sleep spectrum of late. I'm up at 5am each day. Its.12:21 now and I'm still up as my hubby and dog sleep. I hope to close my eyes soon. I feel for you!! I wish I didn't understand. Only difference is I start work at 8:30. Oiy vay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I go through times like that and it makes it really hard to work as a substitute teacher. I ended up taking the rest of the school year off in March to try and get myself back on track.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You poor thing. Be sure to exercise if you can, try not to nap during the day, no caffeine after 4-5 pm, no bright lights within an hour of a 'bed time'...you know, all the standard stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is possible to reset your sleep schedule--I had group therapy at a university sleep center to do that. Possible and painful, but possible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Worry not. You are not alone.This morning I slept till ten am, tomorrow I'll be up at seven. The other night I read until three am.

    ReplyDelete