Header

Header
Be a Pineapple: Stand Tall, Wear a Crown and Be Sweet Inside.

space



Tuesday, June 16, 2015

All's quiet on the home front

I can't sleep yet so I decided to drop you a line.

It is extremely quiet outside.  All afternoon it drizzled.  I went to the grocery again and I took Buddy for a nice long walk.  Buddy was really stressed out during that last thunderstorm so I decided to wear him out so he might sleep if anything rolls in tonight.

I know the humidity was about 94% today but I think the barometric pressure is off too.  My head is really aching like a sinus or allergy headache.

You know being a weatherman is a thankless job.  He's an idiot if he predicts a storm that doesn't come and he's incompetent if he doesn't forecast a storm that rolls in hard.

I think the same is true of employers who make their employees come in when a hurricane is predicted.  I know a lot of people who lost their cars because they tried to make it to work or home from work on a day bad weather was predicted.  That last storm that flooded Houston so fast came on when people were trying to get home from work.  They were trying to drive and the roads just started filling with water, and more water, and then water over the top of the car.  Sad.

I remember how I always worried when I was a young working mom if I would be able to make it to my children.  My sister who is the director of a daycare center has had to take children home with her on a few occasions because the parents couldn't get there.

They used to say in the late 60s or early 70s that a volkswagen beetle would float. Maybe I need to find an old one and keep it around with a pair of oars, just in case.  LOL.  I could see it now.



That's all for now....


3 comments:

  1. I had an old VW bug, but fortunately never had to test its floating abilities. I can say it was a real pain with a toddler and a baby to arrange in the back seat with all the paraphernalia that goes with small children!

    ReplyDelete
  2. a small boat might be a wiser choice. LOL ;)

    Stay safe and dry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Flash floods happen so quickly and never cross standing water. xoox Su

    ReplyDelete