Header

Header
Be a Pineapple: Stand Tall, Wear a Crown and Be Sweet Inside.

space



Sunday, June 14, 2015

Apparently I can't do two things at once




First for the fun.  The Daughter and I went to see Jurassic World this weekend.  I rarely go to the cinema anymore because of the ticket prices but once in a while there is something I want to see on the big screen.  So we splurged and ate out at Cafe Adobe where I had an avocado and ground beef dish that was so excellent.  Then an excellent movie.  I felt like Christmas in June.

I won't review the movie.  I am a dinosaur movie buff.  Loved all the Jurassic Park movies so, of course, loved this one

Next month  I'm going to see the new Terminator movie.  Enjoyed all of them so hope it will be worth the ticket price.

So what else.  I've been very busy running my ex-boss around.  We live a couple of blocks from each other so it's very convenient.  He is about 5 or 6 years older than me and having some real health issues.  It is a look at the future.  I may not have the same ailments that he does, but there will be some.  It really makes you appreciate today because tomorrow may be very different.

Both of my children have told me very recently that they are thinking of moving out of town.  Of course, they want to move in opposite directions.  The Son who has the grandchildren wants to move first.  The Daughter is thinking future move.  She is my best caretaker.  His children are my desired company.  So I may have to move and which way will I go?  Don't know and have decided to try to stay calm until I know all the facts.


8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Birds gotta fly don't they? Of course, a smart bird would stay near is Momma if he wants babysitting!!

      Delete
  2. Yikes! That's a tough one! I'm very lucky my last husband (this one LOL) is 16 years younger than me. God willing, he'll outlast me easily. Yes, I said it. LOL

    We decided about a week ago that we will retire to Arizona. Only a half day drive from here. Found out later my youngest and her hubby have been considering that themselves. So I totally understand where you are coming from.

    Don't know when we would go, but it won't be before Mother passes. She could be 6 months or 6 years...who knows.

    Best of luck.

    Did you read the original Jurassic Park book? EXCELLENT book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No. I haven't read the book. I should though because you often get different information and form different visions from those portrayed in the movies. I'm going to put that on order.

      Delete
  3. Yes, stay calm until the facts are in.
    Movie prices are a shock to me--no more popcorn at the theater either so there goes half the fun of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My daughter and her ex were avid movie buffs. They belong to a cinema program where they got big rewards on cokes, popcorn and ticket prices. That is one of those you've got to spend it to save it plans. Not so big on them myself but that was their splurge. She could live without cable but wanted her big screen adventures. I have to say I did enjoy the dinosaurs in all their growling glory on the big screen.

      Delete
  4. Yes, wait until their have firm plans. Then make some of your own. Me-thinks we tend to pre-over-think things. I know I do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't get anyone to go to this film, with me! -grin- I go to early showings myself. but it's funny. I am surrounded by wimps. -giggggles- haven't seen a really scary film in theater in ages. :-) Just might hike-it to see it. :-)

    ReplyDelete