Header

Header
Be a Pineapple: Stand Tall, Wear a Crown and Be Sweet Inside.

space



Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Has anybody heard of this



I won this book in a sweepstakes.  I don't remember entering for this book but after reading the cover I decided it sounded like something crazy I would read. But first I wanted to know a little more and looked up this woman's website.

The website is set up like an advertisement for a "How To" book.  But I clicked on one of the videos to see what the deal was.  The books and the video say this technique is based on Ho'oponopono, a Hawaiian problem solving method.

Sounded kind of hippie/new age to me but the video said it is a process of letting go of problems by putting them in the hand of God.  Well that makes sense but as we all know, not focusing on a problem is harder said than done.

So I've decided to read the book.  I'm trying to be open minded and have no views as I read but I am interested to know if anyone has heard of this book or of Ho'oponopono.


9 comments:

  1. Yeah, right! Sounds like a great way to 'pass the buck' to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha. Maybe I'm more Frankie than I thought!

      Delete
  2. Sounds kind of like basic Buddha to me. I will be interested to know what you think after reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds intriguing! Please post about it as or after you've read it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never heard of it, can't even pronounce the name. I do believe in God and I think He does rule everything and actually, I would be happy to lumber him with all my problems. But sorry, Mrs Katz, but if I didn't take care of them myself, they would never get solved ! Do tell us all about it when you've finished the book, I'm interested ! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not sure why this sounds so far fetched. I will look forward to your review!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Buddhism is all about taking personal responsibility, but yes let us know!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nope, I'd not be interested. Because I don't have "anyone" to pass the buck to.

    I don't see the Creator of this magnificent Universe, wanting to take care of teeny, tiny me, down on this teen, tiny planet, in among all the millions and zillions of planets, in our Milky Way, and in all the other planets, beyond our Milky Way, that we haven't been able to see too well, yet.

    You asked... I answered...

    Hope you enjoy it, though....

    ReplyDelete