Header

Header
Be a Pineapple: Stand Tall, Wear a Crown and Be Sweet Inside.

space



Sunday, June 28, 2015

New Headbands from old Jewelry

It's Sunday today and I'm feeling rested mentally and physically.  I enjoyed all that hobby research.  I haven't started the origami yet because I forgot to pick up the pretty paper my daughter offered me when I picked her up to go to Hobby Lobby yesterday.

I haven't been to Hobby Lobby or Michaels in forever.  I was like a kid at Christmas.  I didn't buy much.  Two packages of metal headbands that were 50% off AND two metal decorations for my yard, also 50% off.  I love to put things in my yard. I'll post a picture of both of them as soon as I get the morning glories growing up the new accessory.

I picked up the headbands because I have been thinking about decorating fabric headbands for Granddaughter #1.  When I saw the silver metal headbands  I decided to try a few for myself.  With so much white/silver in my hair, I thought they would look best.  So I pulled out some old jewelry and wire and started in.

First I made this with turquoise and silver beads.



Then I made this one with three shades of pearl(ish) beads.  I missed a couple of wraps with the silver wire, so I'll be redoing this one.



The bottom pix is a little blurry but you get the idea.  You can see where I skipped a wrap on the bottom and right on the top.  

Anyway I'm pleased with the first attempt and I'm sure my wrapping will get better as I go. 





10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yes I am and I need to keep at it until I use up all those bits and pieces of jewelry I have saved!

      Delete
  2. wow!
    lovely.
    i could see those probably selling well in a little etsy shoppe. but then... that might take the fun out of it for you.
    hobbies are... or should be anyway... about enjoyment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tammy. I wouldn't mind selling them to at least pay for my hobby!

      Delete
  3. That turned out really cute, Barbara!

    xo,
    rue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rue. I'm looking forward to trying different combinations.

      Delete
  4. They look really cute but do they hurt your head?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are surprisingly comfortable. I took a regular headband with me and compared the length, etc. and because it was not in a sealed package I did try it on. I tend to wear headbands as an accessory most of the time so its working for that purpose.

      Delete
  5. this looks great. good job. there are always ways to re-purpose old pieces

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job, Barbara! I really like them. Will add that to my "when I have time" list.

    ReplyDelete