Header

Header
Be a Pineapple: Stand Tall, Wear a Crown and Be Sweet Inside.

space



Wednesday, June 17, 2015

No storm for me

I feel oddly upset that I prepared but no storm.  Ha.  Silly girl.

I'll be off to run errands shortly and will certainly enjoy the now only slightly damp streets. The library for one is calling me.

Buddy will be glad to get a nice long walk - or should I say a nice long smell feast.  He is the smellingist dog.

I need to get my errands done before I get on Pinterest this afternoon.  I want to find some ideas for the area where I took down one of my flower beds. I needed to open the walkway to my shed in that area but it's looking a little unloved at the moment.  

I've also decided I need to settle on a couple of new hobbies.  I really like the Hypertufa that I've seen around and I actually have a workbench that I could use. I'll have to clean out space in the garage for a drying area.  If you are not familiar with Hypertufa here is a video but there are many out there to tell you the ingredients and methods.





More later....

10 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that the storm bypassed you, Barbara! I think my parents in the Ft. Worth area got it instead. They had a LOT of rain today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they didn't get too much. One thing I can probably guarantee - there will be no drought in Texas this year.

      Delete
  2. love your new banner!
    it's been lightly raining here for hours. we lost power sometime in the night for some reason... but it's back on now.
    and now i'm going to watch your little hypertufa video. i have never heard of it!
    i have one french door open and my big window and the air is heavenly COOL!!!! so unusual for summer here.
    and i'm loving it! tomorrow in the 90's again and the unrelenting sun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh it's been muggy here with all the rain. The mosquitoes are out in full force too. I finally got to fill the bird feeders today. Back to normal I guess.

      Delete
  3. Don't think anyone should be upset, for preparing for some weather event, that doesn't happen. better to be safe, than sorry!!!!

    And something has happened, to my seeing your new posts. I goofed, in the setup of my blog, where I see new posts, on people's blogs. glad I noticed this. sorry for missing some here. duhhhh me. :-))))))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should check out Bloglovin. You can organize the blogs you read. I love it and use it even though I keep a blog roll.

      Delete
  4. i have made those hypertufa containers before. It was a short-lived project though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why was it short lived. Warn me before I get invested.

      Delete
  5. Wish we could pipeline it to us here in southern California. :(

    Glad you are okay and apparently bored. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish someone could transport the flood waters where they are needed. They carry water for forest fires. Why couldn't they carry it to a lake or river? Makes sense to me.

      Delete