Header

Header
Be a Pineapple: Stand Tall, Wear a Crown and Be Sweet Inside.

space



Friday, June 26, 2015

Result of the Hobby Test, Part II



To Review:  This is the book.  Get A Hobby! by Tina Barseghian.  Here is Amazon link.  It was published in 2007.  I ordered it for $.02 plus shipping from a Good Will store seller on Amazon.

Once I had decided to get this book, I tried to think of things that might interest me and ordered some books from the library.  Here are the books I got but I used Amazon links here so you can click on the author's name to read more.


Easy Concrete: 43 DIY Projects for Home & Garden Paperback – August 3, 2010 by Malena Skote



The Sewing Machine Embroiderer's Bible: Get the Most from Your Machine with Embroidery Designs and Inbuilt Decorative Stitches Paperback – August 26, 2014 by Liz Keegan




Michael LaFosse's Origami Butterflies: Elegant Designs from a Master Folder [Full-Color Book & Downloadable Instructional Media] by Michael G. LaFosse (Author), Richard L. Alexander

Pressed Flower Art: Tips, Tools, and Techniques for Learning the Craft (Heritage Crafts Today Series) by W. Eugene Burkhart





Inspiralized: Turn Vegetables into Healthy, Creative, Satisfying Meals by Ali Maffucci





Weight Watchers Cook it Quick!: Speedy Low Point Recipes in 30 Minutes or Less Paperback – 2002 by Barbara Turvett (Editor), Weight Watchers (Author)

Now how interesting is that? The cookbooks came from my need to eat better. So I've decided to find whatever fun I can make out of cooking.

The Romance writing came from, you guessed it, watching Grace & Frankie and thinking about the need for stories about older women.

Sewing and concrete/hypertufa. I've always sewed until I stopped. I don't know why. The concrete/hypertufa is some combination of love of gardening/flower beds and a craft outlet.

Origami Butterflies and Pressed Flowers both showed up on the test.

Of all the traits and suggested hobbies from the Get A Hobby! book and my library searches I think the Origami Butterflies, and perhaps other origami figures, will be my first concentration. So look for shared pictures of origami to come.



































6 comments:

  1. Well, have fun. My son was into origami for quite some time. I like to do it once in a while myself. I liked to find crafty little projects to do with my students when I was working and I did a lot of craft projects for my librarian friend's story time programs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Olga, I think you've tried a little of everything. LOL. I think I enjoy the research as much, if not more, than the hobby! I have to say just thinking about all the projects I could do was very exciting even if I don't do them.

      Delete
  2. pressed flowers look lovely... but I know, I'd not have the patience... oh well.....

    guess blogging and reading are my hobbies. ,-)))

    but enjoy looking for a new one, for yourself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blogging and Reading are my hobbies too. I wanted to add something else for those days when I was bored with my regular life. Patience is one of my longsuits I think, but space and money make a lot of interests undesirable for this place and stage in my life.

      Delete
    2. Blogging and Reading are my hobbies too. I wanted to add something else for those days when I was bored with my regular life. Patience is one of my longsuits I think, but space and money make a lot of interests undesirable for this place and stage in my life.

      Delete
  3. Have fun with your new hobby(s). I did Oragami yers ago. It was fun until I ran out of paper.

    ReplyDelete