Header

Header
Be a Pineapple: Stand Tall, Wear a Crown and Be Sweet Inside.

space



Monday, November 16, 2015

Canadian Spam Policy

I read the following on a blog I was unsubscribing to.  Why does Canada have such a policy and the U.S. does not?  Is there a Spam Lobby in Washington that I don't know about or has our government just become completely ineffectual because of the us vs. them going on in politics?  Does winning for the party mean so much that you don't get anything done for the people?  I don't usually complain about politics but I'm really getting tired of what has been going on.  

Canada’s anti-spam legislation requires that newsletters only be emailed to people who have consented to receiving them. You are on my newsletter list because you subscribed directly or entered a contest that was open only to subscribers. You can Unsubscribe by replying to this email and saying “Unsubscribe” or by sending a separate email saying "Unsubscribe" to --

6 comments:

  1. oh my goodness - " Does winning for the party mean so much that you don't get anything done for the people? "
    Seriously the answer is YES, have we not seen that for the last 8 years?!!!
    Or was that a rhetorical question?:-)

    Sometimes I swear when I hit unsubscribe I only get more. telemarkers via email. such fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really try not to dwell on our country's politics. It is so depressing not for the what is happening in the world as much as how we chose to deal with it. What a pitiful situation.

      Delete
  2. I think all, or almost all, of the newsletters and other adverts. we get have unsubscribe options. It's the spammers posing as friends who annoy the heck out of me. And then sometimes you get a real email, and delete it before you realize ... oh, that was a real one! Oh well, I guess it's not a whole lot different from the unsolicited mail we get from the post office. At least spam saves trees!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And saving trees is important. I believe in looking on the bright side when you can and that is certainly a good way to look at it. Thanks for making me feel better. I really hate to let politics get to me.

      Delete
  3. I read that when you hit the "unsubscribe" link for a legitimate company, they do as you ask. But if it's a real spammer, that just lets them know they have a real e-mail address and not only do they keep sending you stuff, it becomes as good e-mail address to sell on one of their lists. So I was always afraid to "unsubscribe." Lately I have been, though, and it's working. So... hopefully the spammers aren't selling mine.

    About our government - you are spot on. I just hope the election goes well in 2016 and that things aren't so far gone at that time that the country can't be fixed. I pray that our next president will be a real leader and know what to do. Our poor kids and grand kids. They will never know how wonderful it was to grow up in the American we knew as kids and young marrieds.

    ReplyDelete