I have been blog hopping again. I don't know why it is I seem to disappear when I do this. It has really stimulated me. There are so many great blogs out there. Before the internet what would have happened to all these great writers. I know I used to write a lot of letters. I kept my friends up with all my news through long handwritten letters. Maybe these bloggers did too. What about you?
- I've been suffering through family problems. Not life threatening but life changing and challenging. Change is not so easy for me anymore. I fret when I cannot save someone from a mistake I see so obvious. I try not to give advice when not asked, but dang it is hard to keep my mouth shut.
- This winter has been particularly cold for me. When I say winter, I'm probably talking 50-60 degrees here in Texas. A lot of you would welcome that, I know. I think what is happening is that as my diabetes has improved my body temperature and what feels comfortable has changed. Previously I never seemed to get cold, rather my arms and legs felt cooled. Now, especially at night, I am down right freezing, I am double layering during the day, something I never remember doing. Luckily the new air conditioner/heater unit I got during the summer is doing a great job. However, I think it will be a learning experience for me this winter and I might need to hit the thrift shop for extra warm items of clothing.
- My old car is working fine. I figured out that I have a leak in the sprayer-washer water holder. I need to get that fixed so I'll be taking a trip to the car shop to see what that might run. It seems like it should not be expensive. They've seen me so much getting the old car on the road that maybe they'll take pity.
- I learned during my temp job how much my endurance has improved since my insulins have been changed. I can now work all day and still have a little energy left at night. That is such a wonderful feeling after spending 15 years being so tired you couldn't move. If any of you have continuously tired days I would recommend that you get your blood sugar tested. Its a very easy and not too expensive a test. It is so worth knowing and improving the quality of your life. The Silent Killer is often referred to as blood pressure but high blood sugar affects your blood pressure, or at least from what I've read, so don't let the silent one get you.
- I was late putting Christmas up so the clean empty spaces are still feeling good and I'm enjoying it. First really nice day, I guess I'll have to bring the basket of knick-knacks back up. Until then .... smile and enjoy.
- I filed my taxes on line the other day. Pretty simple when you only have social security. I used to always do my taxes and felt it was something I needed to understand. Well, I don't understand much anymore except there is little to claim and little to deduct! However, I'm still surviving and that's what matters.
- My birthday is next month. My bestie had her birthday this month and we will be 66 together this year. How is it possible two 20 year olds who were so cool and fun could be older than dirt? S*%$ happens.
Well that catches you up on the doings over here. Hope everything is going well on your side of the blog world.