Header

Header
Be a Pineapple: Stand Tall, Wear a Crown and Be Sweet Inside.

space



Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Oh Bother..

I hate it when I'm reading your blogs and y'all are full of adventures and projects and deep thoughts.



Buddy and I are just hanging here and not accomplishing very much.  I boiled eggs this morning to make egg salad for lunch and boiled the pan dry then set off the fire alarm.  I took that as a signal that today might be better spent reading.


I purchased a container of pecans the other day at Kroger.  I wanted something for the munchies that was not sugar loaded and they were probably on sale. I snacked on a handful one night and forgot to put them up where Buddy couldn't reach.  You hear it coming right?  I walk in my bedroom and there in the middle of my bed is the opened can of Slow Roasted Pecans.  I don't think he ate very many as they were very salty.  I filled his water bowl in case he got extra thirsty from the salt, then I covered the bathroom floor from wall to wall with puppy pads.  Buddy's pad trained but as long as he can go outside he will.  I was afraid that once the pecans started going through him they may not fare well but he didn't have any problems that I know of.  Darn dog.  He can't be trusted and I should have known better.

That's about I've got to share.  

15 comments:

  1. LOL This reminded me of the time our yellow lab managed to pull a fresh baked chocolate cake off the counter and eat half of it before I caught him. You know what they say about dogs and chocolate, right? So I called our vet and she said get his mouth open and pour a Tbsp of salt on his tongue. In a few minutes he'll throw up. So, my teen son and I take the dog out back, do what the vet says, and wait. And wait. And wait. Nothing. Now what? I rush into house to call the vet for next steps and by the time I get to the phone I hear my son yelling, "Never mind mom. . .he threw it up." And he did. . .groooossss!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was panicked but tried to stay calm. Asking him every 10 minutes if he was ok didn't seem to make any difference. Luckily he wasn't allergic to peanuts.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad he didn't get sick. I have days like this. I am lying down, because I hurt my back. While I was sick with the stomach flu, the cat barfed. I tried to clean it up and hurt myself. If that makes any sense. :) xoxo Su

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uck. I probably would have gotten sick too!

      Delete
  3. Our beagle ate a whole batch of chocolate chip cookies. Never did get sick. I figure she had a cast iron stomach.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I feel very lucky. If something had happened to him because of my mistake it would have hit me so hard. Just makes me wonder what else he could get into when I'm not home. Need to do a good home check.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a good day for reading in bed all day to me. I spent the day in bed yesterday, but felt to yuckyHoping for better today. to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Any day is a better day after you thought your carelessness was going to kill your dog! Actually, did go get in bed with a good book and kept telling myself it's over and no need to hold on to that sick feeling in my stomach.

      Delete
  5. Such a little cutie! Some dogs just grab what they can, others don't. (Most do, of course.) Your pup is a grabber. He just hasn't trained you yet. LOL Glad he didn't get sick and/or make a mess. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is a grabber and a beggar. Makes him a real pain in the bottom. He is such good company though. Guess he and I will just have to get a few house rules straight.

      Delete
  6. And they always look so innocent, don't they? lol I'm glad he's okay. Bubba is allergic to nuts, so he would have had to go to the vet. I never leave anything in his reach or Mini's for that matter. I had a Lab eat an entire box of chocolate candy off the kitchen counter and although I wanted to kill her at the time, I was thrilled that she didn't get sick.

    Loved the Christmas video :)

    xo,
    rue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is like the proverbial child - if he is too quiet, I'd better go see what he is up to.

      Delete
  7. Did he get sick? I don't blame him, those are damn good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't see any sign of him getting sick from either end. He goes a outside a lot so he may have taken care of business there. I think it made my stomach hurt more than his, I was so worried!

      Delete
  8. oh that little buddy!
    you could never be mad at that face!!!
    Barbara...
    you've got to look at the post 'cheerful nonsense' before the post on the captain...
    there's one in it that reminds me of little buddy and his pecans. ahem... i mean YOUR pecans.
    LOLOL.
    "something happened in the kitchen"
    i love dogs so much.
    you're in my favorites bar now. though i do enjoy catching up on posts i miss. :)

    ReplyDelete