Header

Header
Be a Pineapple: Stand Tall, Wear a Crown and Be Sweet Inside.

space



Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Clean Windows

My landladies had the windows cleaned on the outside of  my second story garage apartment.


Of course, that meant I had to clean the inside.  I wasn't looking forward to the task and I don't know why I thought it was going to be such a big deal.  I guess because in the old days of home ownership, I was the one washing the outside and the inside.  Also cleaning the gutters, mowing the grass, and all the other odd jobs that come with home ownership.

I sold my last house and moved into a different apartment when I first got sick with diabetes.  I just couldn't keep the house up.  I miss knowing my home is my own but I don't miss the time, energy and money it takes to really keep a house up.  There seems to be an endless list of little, and big, chores that need to be done.  



This window above looks out into my yard where I have 5 trees with branches running every which way.  Right now there are no leaves but better to see the birds, right?


I have 7 single windows the size of this one.  Two in each room on opposite walls (bedroom, living room and kitchen), and one in the bathroom.



It is a small space but I get a lot of light and when the windows are open I can get a good bit of breeze.  Not a bad place to land and a great place to see out.

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like a very nice place to land. Where I live in Oregon we seldom use air conditioning in the summer, just raise Windows. Your windows would be wonderful here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sheer curtain look. I can never seem to get my windows to look clean. There are always smears. And it rains.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it sounds divine to me!
    I too gave up my house (full of windows) for my tiny wren house.
    well... wren apartment.
    home ownership alone was just becoming too expensive in many ways.
    i do miss my windows. but i have the french doors for light
    and at least one big window.
    and oddly enough... i just cleaned all of them yesterday morning too!
    so i relate to this post. the outside big window i can't get to. 2nd story.
    and so far management doesn't seem to do it. after storm season coming up...
    i might ask for them to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grrrrrr....for some reason your photos won't load for me!! I love sparkling clean windows but apparently I'm going to have to hire a cleaning person to get them done - or figure out how to clone myself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this post. I miss apartment living and the older I get, the more I miss it. Love the idea of someone else cleaning the windows. As long as you can see birds, all is well. Do you feed them?

    ReplyDelete
  6. The light into your home is wonderful! I love how your kitty is looking in at you and wondering when Mom is going to finally put the camera down and come get him. ;) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your granddaughter is so cute. I have to have windows...I am a window person. However, I don't like cleaning them! I began cleaning yearly...all of them...then in the last few years I finish half and pick up the 2nd half the next year! Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  8. One thing about living in a single family house like we do is the constant maintenance. I can see apartment living as so much less work.

    ReplyDelete