Header

Header
Be a Pineapple: Stand Tall, Wear a Crown and Be Sweet Inside.

space



Tuesday, February 2, 2016

I just need to get one good picture out of the batch

I know you must wonder if I do anything aside from taking pictures of the Grandgirl.  I’m addicted.  I can’t help myself.  I love her so much I just want to share. 

I am also amazed at her ability to pose.  Aside from telling her on occasion to move locations to a better background location, she just jumps into a pose and will usually let me snap a good number of pictures.  I remember myself at her age.  You had to drag me in front of a camera.  That attitude shows in the majority of the pictures of my youth.  Scowly face in every one. 

I guess with all the modern electronics, kids have grown up with a higher comfort level in front of the camera.  What I don’t understand is this sticking out the tongue thing you see everywhere.  She usually asks when are we going to take that picture and I usually explain that I don’t want to remember her that way but will usually take one shot so she can be cool. 


I remember doing the peace symbol in all my pictures for a long time.  I guess my parents cringed at that too.  When I look back they don’t look stupid, just a sign of the time, so I guess I’ll have to go with the flow when it doesn’t totally flow against my desires and as long as I get one good picture to keep.  


9 comments:

  1. Oh but I think the peace symbol is better than sticking out ones tongue don't you?
    I don't get, it just means I'm too old to.:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When my kids were young we went to get one of those photo specials Sears or Penney's used to run. The kids were acting up and wouldn't take a good face so I bought the one that was good of me and really lousy faces on them and hung it in the living room. They cooperated after that when it came time for photos. Hahaha.

      Delete
  2. When I was a child my mother's punishment for sticking out my tongue was swift and certain. She wouldn't abide it. I think the popularity of sticking out the tongue now has to do with Miley Cyrus. And it's not a good thing. Not good at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miley was the first I saw of it too. Funny how dumb things catch on. And yes, no sticking out our tongue, saying Stupid or saying Shutup. Certain death for those!!

      Delete
  3. I guess you should just be thankful she is not doing that whole "duck face" lip thing. Oh that just irritates me to no end...not attractive at all and the meaning behind it is gross!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh lordy...
    are you telling me miley has even reached the tiny ones like your grand daughter?
    i know miley's talented... but i must be getting too old. i just CAN'T STAND looking at that big tongue hanging out all over her face ALWAYS. in EVERY picture.
    "come now tammy. tell us how you REALLY feel." LOLOLOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sticking out the tongue seems to be a phase kids go through, but it may be prolonged now with media exposure.
    My husband used to caution me that all the flashbulbs going off in my first grandchild's face could lead to blinding herk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our role as grandmothers and great-grandmothers too......focus on th children!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am totally unaware of the sticking-out-the-tongue thing, but I remember peace signs. And my son does not like to pose for pics anymore now that he is a teen and way too old for such things. :)

    So enjoy it while you can. My son is often rather impressed with himself once I have cajoled a picture out of him but getting him there is the hard part.

    Have a great weekend!

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete