Header

Header
Be a Pineapple: Stand Tall, Wear a Crown and Be Sweet Inside.

space



Tuesday, February 16, 2016

My Littlest Valentine

Granddaughter #2 got to spend the night on Valentines.  Her first sleep over without any siblings along.  She did fine.  Went to sleep like a candle blown out.  No, no no.... instant sleep.  Hahaha.  Love it.



The top picture she is holding on to her new purse for dear life just in case I try to sneak it out of the basket!

What I really want to talk about is that frowny face I'm making.  Yes, I was trying to see that far to snap the selfie so concentrating hard.  However, I have seen that "smile turned upside down" more and more lately.

I've gotten those little jowls and my lips are just thin lines now, but that collapsed smile is just breaking my heart.  I accept that I am older and accept that my face will age but shouldn't everybody be able to share a happy smile?  This really bugs me.  I want the appearance of a smiling happy person.  Chubby?  Ok.  Older?  Ok.  But at least happy.  Oh well, what can you do.

I never thought much about plastic surgery but right now, if I had the money, I would buy myself a smile.  Maybe I need to get one of those camera props on a stick of a pretty smile and hold it up whenever I'm in front of the camera.  LOL.

I'll get over it.  Just sayin'.


7 comments:

  1. This is where we differ....I think of plastic surgery all the darn time and I'd do surgery in a heart beat. I would pull my neck and jowls. I would do some injections as well. If the lottery would just come my way. I hate my new droppy face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW, your photo on the left here is darn right beautiful and i don't see a sad face. i think the angle of a photo is something we have to be more aware of as we get older....I mean more mature. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I figure if they would just pull all the excess skin up, I could be 6 feet tall instead of 5'3".

    ReplyDelete
  4. To be honest, I was so focused on the little cutie that I did not even notice the frown. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You both look pretty darn serious in that selfie! But my bet is that you are smiling most of the time around that little cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. good grief.
    is she adorable or what!
    and i have those little jowls too. i like to think they're like judi dench's! LOLOL.
    i read once that the buddha kept a half smile on his face.
    maybe it's a conscious thing. you just become aware of it and think of it often and just soften and half smile!
    easier said than done?
    i love your frank honesty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh! She looks like a little angel. How adorable. Oh yes, I can certainly empathize about wrinkles and sagging skin. I pull my cheeks up every so often to see what a face lift could do. sigh...

    ReplyDelete