Header

Header
Be a Pineapple: Stand Tall, Wear a Crown and Be Sweet Inside.

space



Sunday, April 24, 2016

More Bird News and Videos

I've been in the habit of saying Red Bird and Blue Bird because that is how the little girls and I discuss them.  But let me be correct.

This is the type of Blue Jay that comes to my feeder.



Below that are two interesting videos from a Backyard Birder that I enjoyed. 


How to Tell Blue Jays Apart (Youtube)



Feeding Blue Jays (Youtube)

Maybe I'll get set up to record one day.  Sure would beat grabbing my phone and running to the door when I hear them.  


This is the type of Cardinal that comes to visit.  



This  little bird below is a Ruby Red Finch.  I also get frequent visits from her.  I say her because she looks so delicate and small.  Fact is I need to bone up on my male vs. female markings so I'll know.





This is a picture of my view from my recliner.   I pull the red wicker chair out of the garage and put it on the porch when the weather turns nice.  When it is too cold or too hot the chair goes back in the garage so Buddy has more room on the porch.




This is the view from the porch looking in.  I keep one of those mesh curtains over my door.  Keeps the bugs out and Buddy and the little girls can go in and out with ease.  Also allows me to see and hear the birds. 



You can see when I say I have a tiny place, that I really do.  Works just fine for me and Buddy.  







10 comments:

  1. You have a lovely set-up there. I understand your interest in the birds. The videos were great too.

    I hope you have a great bird watching day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marie. I guess it's like having an outdoor TV station that entertains without commercials.

      Delete
  2. Nice hearing about your birds. Nice view from your recliner. Enjoyed visiting your home. Tiny works just fine for one person. Three crows gathered on the building across from our patio last night. I wonder if I bought some unshelled peanuts if I can entice them to visit my patio? I might get flogged by my neighbors if their melodious caw, caw,caw. Probably better leave well enough alone and enjoy them from a distance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I find an easy, inexpensive source of peanuts, I'll give you a shout. If it does not meet my criteria of easy to get and inexpesive, it might not be added to the backyard entertainment.

      Delete
  3. I have those birds too! The blue jays love to steal my dog's food. (My dog dumps her food all the time so I feed her outside now). I like to look out at the birds too! If I go outside they fly away, so inside is best. I wish I had a little back porch...would be handy! Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes my little back porch makes a big difference. If I'm quiet enough I can sit in my chair and watch but I swear they can see my shadow as I move toward the door and they fly off.

      Delete
  4. I adore your cute red chair. Lovely view.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your house looks comfortable cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Buddy appears to be quite content with the arrangement. What a nice place. Enjoyed your bird videos. I saw my first House Finch this week. They are swell little birds.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i think your place is wonderful.
    and the view from your porch... oh. it's just lovely.
    the cool shade! no wonder you have many birds!!!

    ReplyDelete