Header

Header
Be a Pineapple: Stand Tall, Wear a Crown and Be Sweet Inside.

space



Monday, April 25, 2016

My Reward for Putting Up With All the Rain

While I was filling the bird feeders this morning I noticed that this Hibiscus has just burst into bloom.  I count 6 well developed buds on this one plant alone.


Then looking closer I saw 4 more buds that were just formed.  Check out the arrows.  LOL.  My first time to use them.  



So that is a heck of a lot of blooming for one Hibiscus in a shady yard like mine. I have several other larger Hibiscus that are in an area that gets more sun but they have not bloomed like this one.  

Must be getting nourishment from all the bird seed that falls on the ground.  One of the feeders is almost directly over this plant. 

Another share is my favorite yard shoes, my Sloggers.  I bought these off Amazon.  I caught a good sale and it turned out to be a great investment.  


They come in a bunch of different wild patterns.  I have a wide foot and they fit me perfectly.  I read a comment from a woman with a narrow foot and she said she just wore socks and they fit perfectly.



If you look on Amazon you will see the different patterns have different prices. I, of course, bought the ones on sale.  I keep them right by the door and try to put them on every time I go to fill the feeders because I will inevitably taken a wander and possibly do a few chores around the yard.

I hear the pitter patter of rain drops.  I don't mind but I think of all the places that need rain and wish we could share.



14 comments:

  1. I was just looking at those at Tractor Supply store locally. (They have them for $24.99 and $29.99 for the taller boots). I love that they are made in USA! Your plant is producing buds very well! Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have really gotten my money's worth. I also have some tall rubber boots I bought from Walmart that I use when it is really flooded and water would get inside my shoes. I have several low points in my already low back yard. Having rain or yard boots is kind of like having a coat in Texas. When you need it you need it.

      Delete
  2. Love the hibiscus. I can only grow them indoors. Our climate is not temperate enough.

    Love the colourful shoes. They make a statement!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that I bought the shoes, I don't know how I lived without them. LOL. It is like being a kid again and giving yourself permission to splash in puddles.

      Delete
  3. Hibiscus have such pretty flowers. Cute shoes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't normally wear flamboyant shoes but I've only seen them in wild patterns. So its quiet neutral clothes and then shoes that screams out look at me! Oh well. It's only the back yard.

      Delete
  4. Fancy shoes, perfect for a walk around the garden!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly because I have mostly dirt and little grass in back but the grass in the front is always full of dew in the mornings and they are perfect for crossing the grass too.

      Delete
  5. Your Slogger shoes are wonderful, so cheerful. You better keep the rain you're getting. In Texas you will need it come summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I wish I had a water saver program set up. I'm going to research it. If nothing else, a couple of large garbage cans set out to catch the rain would be better than nothing.

      Delete
  6. I love hibiscus flowers and I'm so glad your's will be loaded with blooms this year! YOur sloggers are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another good thing I forgot to mention is that they are easy to find in the gray of morning or early evening if they get pushed under a chair or the couch!

      Delete
  7. My doctor has the photo of the little kid helping grandma with her Computer on his office wall. Hibiscus is known as Rose of Sharon around here. But this is the old Bible Belt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha The Grandson (16 now) does that to me all the time. It drives him crazy that I can't hear. I just laugh at him and tell him someday he will be the grandpa and they will be saying the same thing to him. Of course, he does not believe that his body will start falling apart and, who knows. by then they may have all kinds of miracles.

      Delete