Header

Header
Be a Pineapple: Stand Tall, Wear a Crown and Be Sweet Inside.

space



Thursday, April 28, 2016

Pinterest and Decorating the Porch

I've been playing over at Pinterest.  You know that place is so addicting.  I accidentally did a search on porch decorating and all kinds of beautiful pictures started popping up.

I love pretty porches.  In the shade.  With comfortable chairs.  A little table. A glass of tea.  Life doesn't get better.  Unless, of course, you don't have one of those nice big screened-in porches to decorate.

I showed you my porch the other day.  It's about a half a dozen steps by a dozen steps.  Don't know how big that is in feet but it's about one chair and a dog bed in size.

I looked at some of those cute little iron patio sets but they are not "butt" size to my way of thinking.  Nope not comfortable.  But they do come in cute colors and some have lovely designs on them.

Of course if I redecorated my porch I'd have to get some moss to hang in the trees.  Seems like the natural thing to do even though I have heard moss is not good for a tree.

No.  I think I need to stay off Pinterest and keep up with my blogging. Less expensive and less work.



14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Really enjoyed your story the other day. You need to share more with us.

      Delete
  2. Now that we're all addicted to a/c porch setting is highly overrated in southern states. I can picture the scenes of southern porches, wicker furniture, tall frosty glass of fresh lemonade, clear glass pitcher of lemonade with slices of fresh lemon, a wide floppy brimmed straw hat, moss in all the trees, everything landscaped to perfection, and not a drop of sweat visible on anybody. Forget it. I can work up a sweat just thinking about all that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha. I forgot to say I wanted a glassed-in screened porch with a/c vents. Might as well add a daybed to nap on!

      Delete
  3. I stay off pinterest now too. I kept pinning things but did nothing with them so I don't bother any more. All of that stuff can be so addictive, I agree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep saving projects that never gets done but I think in the long run it saves me money because now I don't buy the stuff do to the project and then have it sit there. LOL. I am that bad.

      Delete
  4. I don't look at pinterest....maybe it is a good thing! It is true, when we look we start to want. I guess best to keep sitting on your porch and enjoying the birds and nature! Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right. Free fits the pocket book just right.

      Delete
  5. LOLOL. your measurement description is spot on for me.
    i could immediately picture the size...
    one chair and a dog bed. love it!
    i have a balcony now. but it gets full sun most of the day.
    and it gets too hot. but i love porches.
    i think you would like jane coslick's blog.
    just google jane coslick and it all comes up.
    she renovates old cottages and houses in tybee georgia near savannah.
    i LOVE her work. it's colorful and minimal and cozy and perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the share. I'll go over to Jane's blog and see what's happening there.

      Delete
  6. Pinterest is a time sucking machine for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I would just stay off the computer my house would be so clean we could eat off the floor. But who wants to eat off the floor anyway? But you are right. I can get on Pinterest and its hours later before I know it. Not a great use of my time.

      Delete
  7. LOL! You gave me a good giggle today with this post. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know I'm tired when I put in my ID and forget to write a comment. Laughing at myself now. My daughter bought one of those cute little French cafe wrought iron tables with chairs. Awful for sitting.

    ReplyDelete