Header

Header
Be a Pineapple: Stand Tall, Wear a Crown and Be Sweet Inside.

space



Monday, May 16, 2016

How to Take a Perfect Selfie

I am one of those crazy persons that loves to take the on-line and magazine tests that tell you about yourself.  Are you married to the right man (hey I'm not even married)? What animal were you in your last life?  Where is the best place for you to live/retire?

Of course we all know that such decisions cannot be based on the answer to 6 questions.  I know.  I know.  But I do  it anyway.  They are all over facebook and I take the majority and then share that "I was a Skunk in my Last Life."

I also read my horoscope occasionally and if it says money is coming your way, I run out and buy a lotto ticket.  Hey for a dollar I don't want to thumb my nose at fate.

I also read about what diet is best for you.  No.  I rarely try them but I do read all of the details.  Ha.  More insight into me.

I also love all those systems having to do with what style you wear, what colors look best on you and what hobbies will interest a curmudgeon.

One of  they systems I like is Dressing Your Truth.  Carol Tuttle has so many videos and I love to see the difference it make in other women.  As for me, I'm can't figure out my type.

Anyway, I was reading something today and I came across a video she posted on How to Take a Selfie.  I've got this fancy phone and I am still learning and trying to take a decent Selfie just in case I want to share a place or time with someone.

Most of the time my phone is in the middle of my chin when I take a Selfie.  Or you can tell I'm in the bathroom.  Do I have any shame?  Or I cut my head off and heaven forbid I got my whole body in it.  Long story short, I saw this video by Carol Tuttle and for those of you who are still trying to figure out Selfies like me, this video has pretty simple directions.

I couldn't find it on YouTube so here is the link to the video on her blog.

https://my.liveyourtruth.com/dyt/how-to-take-the-perfect-selfie/

And if you're thinking I'm (I'm referring to you,  not me) too old or I look to raggedy, etc.  Forget it.  You need to leave your grandchildren a legacy of your life:  Your garden, your favorite pillow or decorations, a dumb hairstyle or a day you looked the best you are ever going to look.  They all count because all of it makes you who you are and the person they will remember.

I even went so far as getting 150 of my favorite pictures of our family printed during a Snap Fish special and the girls spend hours looking at the photo album when they come over.

The truth is I did this so they wouldn't sit in my lap and go through every picture I have on my computer and .... wait for it ....  then start all over at the beginning.

I mean, anybody that shares pictures of their orange/red hair dye mistakes is someone willing to stick their neck out and laugh at themselves.

I love this picture of my sitsters, cousin and myself playing Twister.  This is a perfect example of why we need to take dumb pictures.  They are soooo cute.




Thanks for popping in.


9 comments:

  1. I suck at taking selfies............actually I am not much good at taking photos period!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always been pretty good with a camera so I have lots of pictures of my life through its many stages. I guess because the grand girls are so enamored with photos that I have been thinking about this lately. And to tell you the truth, the 6 yo grand girls takes excellent pictures with my phone. How is that?

      Delete
  2. The only tip I know about selfies is -- always hold your phone way up over your head and look up at it -- eliminates double chins!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well you were one up on me. I always held the camera down. I hope I look better when I hold the phone higher. If not, oh well, I tried. I do want to try one of those selfie sticks. Wish I knew someone who had one I could borrow. Not sure I want to invest even a little bit in one.

      Delete
  3. I'm not very good at making pictures of any kind of pictures but especially not selfies. I enjoy watching other people make fun of themselves though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like to laugh at myself. And boy do I get lots of opportunity. My real father who I did not know well was a professional photographer so maybe I come by the habit naturally. I had a friend whose mother never kept pictures. They just didn't interest her. I had never known anyone to think this way but I liked her so, childish me, decided that was an ok way to be that way.

      Delete
  4. Kids love the old pictures here too. We gave them each an album with some pictures of the family in each of them. They love them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a sucker for those quizzes too.. You can sign up for DYT courses on line and I am sure you would find out your type. I have other things to do with my money so I stick with the free videos though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I'd love to get all of the material and I know that is her business and I don't want to take the money out of her mouth but I'll have to learn all I can from the free videos ... budgets don't you know.

      Delete