Header

Header
Be a Pineapple: Stand Tall, Wear a Crown and Be Sweet Inside.

space



Friday, May 20, 2016

If You Are Thinking About Moving

Some of you crazy kids have got the moving bug.  You are downsizing, moving closer to the kids or trying a new area of the country.

Others, like myself, don't know where you'd go if you went but somehow know this is the time you are supposed to make a move.

I read this article in the NY Times that I wanted to share.  It is called A Tiny Home by Choice.

It does start with a NY couple choosing one of those tiny apartments but I read it from the angle of making a choice on where you want to be.

I thought it was interesting and it is a quick read.

6 comments:

  1. I hope my moving is over for now but I couldn't go too small if I did move.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fascinating article, thanks for making us aware of it. I personally find $825,000 for 350 sq ft a bit much but hey, whatever floats your boat.

    I read about these kind of places and think they're so cool until I realize I don't live that lifestyle at all. I don't eat at fancy restaurants, go to theater etc. I turn to a pumpkin at 4:00 p.m. so night life is no attraction to me.

    Walking four flights of stairs is definitely a no for me!! I'd love to live in a high rise but only if there was an elevator. The problem is you never get everything you want.

    ReplyDelete
  3. New Yorkers are a different breed. I have downsized--sort of. I sold my house and moved into a small condo, but then I also have the place in Florida. Definitely enough space for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. And Linda is correct. Might as well bloom where you are planted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm happy right where I am for the moment. Our home is almost paid off and that to me is worth everything!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Barbara, I read the article with interest. I believe I could go small if the place was filled with light and if I was single. I don't know about navigating around another person though. (And I choose to keep my husband of nearly 50 years!) I'm visiting from Olga's blog.

    ReplyDelete