Header

Header
Be a Pineapple: Stand Tall, Wear a Crown and Be Sweet Inside.

space



Monday, May 9, 2016

Just call me Lazy

Life has been good.  Friday night (before Mother's Day) we went to see the Grandson co-host the talent contest.  I knew I would enjoy it, just seeing the Grandson, but I was pleasantly surprised that the program as a whole was so good. Of course, I only knew one of the songs the various groups performed but that is to be expected.  LOL.

The audience was great.  All of the kids hooted and hollered for all the acts.  I think all the performers felt appreciated.

Grandson and his co-host were so cute together.  Both of them were really good. I was so pleased for him that he didn't appear nervous or flub his lines.  


Here he is with his co-host


Do I look proud or what?

Why didn't I fix my hair and put on makeup.  Dang it.  All the rest of my life when I show off this picture I'll be saying - I was having a bad hair day..... 

Speaking of, you can see from the picture above and the one below the current color of my hair.  The gray roots are really showing even though you don't see them in this picture.  Still not sure what I'm doing with the color situation but there will be a change.  



Both of my parents are deceased so we had Mother's Day at my sister's house. My BIL is a great cook and we always enjoy a meal together.  My Daughter brought her new boyfriend and he survived the event!  Nothing worse than your first attendance at a family meal.  Just a small part of the family was there so he got away easy.  



Silly teenagers.  Cousins are good to have.  You have someone to play video games with and suffer through the adult questions.  



16 comments:

  1. Your hair is lovely!

    I love the events where the grandchildren perform though I am nervous for them. One of the "pleasures" of grandparenting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I WAS so nervous for him. I had to be very careful not to make him more nervous!

      Delete
  2. Hi Barbara, its sounds like you had a great weekend,, what a handsome fella you had your photo taken with!! I am at a stand still with my hair also,, lol, I turn 60 nex month and have been kind of lucky with grey hairs,, just started to really see them in th last few years and am trying to decide whether to start coloring or let nature take its course, you have lovely hair, its a pretty color ,,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My hair was completely grown out, no color left on it, but I just had that nagging need to see myself in dark hair again. I'm just glad I wear it short so I'll be keeping it trimmed!

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you had a fun grandmother experience. Your hair looks fine but then I have no idea what color you were shooting for so what do I know. I'm not a hair person. Trust me I am not a hair person. No way would I try to color my own hair. No way would I get mine colored because once you start you have to keep doing it. My daughter grayed very early so she colored for years. Last year at 43 she said to heck with it and let it go natural. She gets lots of requests now to find out what she's doing to her hair. Fortunately hers is very even and she just looks somewhat platinum. She spent a small fortune on coloring for years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Money is the number one reason I let mine grown out. The second reason is because the first white hairs appeared in the very front right by the part. I didn't really mind having white hair. Kind of liked it, in fact. Next time I get a wild hair I'll buy a wig instead.

      Delete
  4. Grandparenting is the greatest.
    You look just fine in the pictures. With skin like yours you could get away with green hair!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Green. Humm. Hadn't thought about that. Green does look good on me. Hahaha. Just kidding, I think.

      Delete
  5. Then don't put make-up on if you don't have it on in those pics...you look great! Your hair color looks very nice too! Your grandsons are handsome. How nice that the one does so well in public on the stage! You are so lucky to have so many grandchildren! Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do hate to put on makeup. I remember way back when fighting with my mother about wearing makeup and she tried to convince me that I was fine like I was. Haha. Little did I know I would grow up and be forced to put it on for special occasions.

      Delete
  6. you're so funny!
    and your grandson is gorgeous.
    and
    that picture of you alone in your glasses... wow! i think your hair looks wonderful.
    i'm trying desperately to let mine grow. we'll see how long that lasts! it's the wrong time of year to do that here. when the temps hit the triple digits i'll be cutting it again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to let mine grow so I could pull it up off my neck. Then I think why grow it so you can pin it up. Sometimes I just don't understand my inner struggles.

      Delete
  7. Your grandson is very handsome, and I think you look great. I love that lacy shirt. That last photo is cute. Teenage boys are so funny, aren't they? Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that shirt too. It's a little boxy on me but it is a great cover-up. I have taken to layering because I never know if it will be hot or cold and I just hate being to hot. Solution is sleeveless with very light layer over. On and off all the time, but hey, it works.

      Delete
  8. Very nice Barbara. Actually I noticed your grandsons hair first. I'm sure he did not care what makeup you wore, only that you were there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. The Grandson's hair. Apparently it is a very cool style but I find it hard to find the words to compliment him. He even dyed it so he could get the long roots effect. Apparently that is very in too. Of well, as long as he doesn't get a tattoo I can put up with about anything. About....

      Delete