Header

Header
Be a Pineapple: Stand Tall, Wear a Crown and Be Sweet Inside.

space



Saturday, June 25, 2016

Bead Project and Quick Update

Another good week behind me.  Our art project this week was a drawing with Buttons.



We purchased a package of bigish sized buttons in shades of pink for the project.  She surprised me by adding her tiny seed beads also.  We had seed beads all over the kitchen.  It was a nightmare but I kept a smile on my face.  It was only a matter of sweeping and is that too much to ask for a memorable day with the Grand Girl.

She also finished her 10th book this week so we will go to the library and get the next stamp on her list and prize.  I hope the prize is another certificate to the Mexican restaurant.  That was a great prize and gives me a good reason to go out to eat. 

I've continued with my ice dying but slowed down a bit because I was waiting for my new colors to come in.  I started out dying white shirts, sheets and pillowcases I already owned but now have to search at the thrift stores to find more white cotton items.  

I bought a table cloth and some lace curtains, which were not cotton, and not all that cheap, but I really wanted to see what the effect would look like on them. I've gotten to the "let's try this stage."  If you only pay a dollar or two, you don't mind if it doesn't turn out so well.  

Here is one that I tried that didn't work out very well.  I've had only a few fails. I think I got my folds confused and dyed from the side instead of from the front.  I will probably dye this one again and try to get the pattern more evenly spread out.    



It is a great little shirt though.  It says WOOF using dogs.  From the American Humane Society, I believe.  I'll figure out something to redeem it.




Too bad I don't have a college bound grandchild that wants to decorate her room in tie dye.  I could really go to town. 

The Grandson turned 17 today.  He was my little darling long before the grand girls were even a consideration.  I spent even more time with him as he was growing up than I do the girls because he lived in town then.  Those were the best years and I'm so glad I got to have them.  

More later ...  



15 comments:

  1. Oh Barbara, you are having such fun. Enjoy you little artist for as long as you can. I have to make appointments to see mine. Check out my blog today to view what my "all grown up" arist brought me yesterday...thought of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. I know it won't be long before I have to make an appointment to see her. Especially since she lives an hour away there won't be any running back and forth.

      Delete
  2. When are you coming over for ice tea?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a great week with your sweetie. You are organized which is a big help. Hope next week is just as great for you both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Although the Woof t-shirt didn't turn out in the evenness of the dye -- I really like the colour palette of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are keeping little hands (and your own) quite busy. What fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. She is fairly easy to keep entertained and I can usually count on my daughter to take her for one evening so I struggling along without too much hardship - except for the talking. Oh my ears!

      Delete
  6. Happy Birthday to your grandson! I love the button art that you and your grandgirls did. You ice dying is fascinating to me...I want to try my hand at it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I jumped in with both feet buying everything you could ever want. I'm often guilty of this even though I try to be a frugal person. You can actually get started for not too much. I use Dharma Trading if you want to look at the supplies on line.

      Delete
  7. Sounds like a busy craft summer. Glad you're enjoying your own craft project along with grand girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is sometimes difficult carving out time and supplies for myself. I bought a new package of copy paper and she asked me why do I need that. Well because you have drawn on all my paper. Ha.

      Delete
  8. I rather like the Woof. You are so creative. I am not very talented or do well with much. I try, but...
    Before I die I am hoping to find my talent. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find it difficult to find crafts and hobbies that are right for me. This one kind of popped up and while I was on Pinterest. I am enjoying it but I know what you mean about finding a good fit. It is not often easy.

      Delete
  9. Barbara, I've neglected my blog friends, so please forgive me. I have to say that that WOOF shirt is gorgeous! I know you have certain standards you keep in doing your art, but I think it would make a lot of young people happy to wear it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim, you've been MIA for so long. Glad to hear from you. Yes, I thought the cute was so cute but my dyeing didn't add alot. I'm going to redo it soon. Right now I have two other redos soaking in the bucket. Practice makes perfect - I hope.

      Delete