Header

Header
Be a Pineapple: Stand Tall, Wear a Crown and Be Sweet Inside.

space



Wednesday, July 27, 2016

A Visit from my old BFF

Well not a lot of excitement over here.  Grandgirl is still on the same visitation schedule of Monday through Friday.  This week has been so much more fun because the rash continues to improve.

I am also dog sitting this week for my Daughter, and Buddy is not all that happy about the company.

I really enjoyed the rain we had off and on this week and last.  Got a couple of nice showers.  Helped with the temperature and definitely helped with the plants.

My dearest old friend came for a visit this weekend and stayed a couple of days. We shared our first apartment together and have been Besties for over 40 years. She also got to spend some quality time with the Grand Girl which really pleased me.  It was so nice for them to get to know each other.

My Grandmother had a best friend named Billie and I remember Billie being part of my life as far back as I can remember.

My Mom had a best friend from childhood who was also my Godmother.  She was also part of my life from as far back as I can remember.

Old friends are important, especially if you don't have a spouse who has shared the last gazillion years with you.  Somebody has to be there to laugh about shared stories.

When I was explaining how long I had known my Bestie to the Grand Girl age 6, she said "Oh you are like me and Kylie" who is her little friend in and out of kindergarten.

Her sweet little life is just starting.  I wish for her a best friend like the other women in my family and I have known.




10 comments:

  1. Such a great post about friendship. Your grandbaby has an excellent example to follow.

    Glad the rash is improving. Have a great week..

    ReplyDelete
  2. As the saying goes: "New friends are silver but old friends are gold." Enjoy your time together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What would be do without our girlfriends!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy your rash is improving! My hubby finally agreed to go to the doctor about one he has had for over a month now. It turned out to be fungal and he now has some cream to help heal it.

    Old friends are treasures! I'm glad that you got to spend some great time with your Bestie. I have a few friends who have become like sisters to me and we can pick right up where we left off no matter how long it has been since we last saw each other. I love your grandgirl's comment and I hope she and her friend remain close their entire lives. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad the rash is improving. I don't have a lot of experience with best friends. I was an only child of older parents. I've always been pretty much alone. Sounds like it was a good experience for both you and the grand girl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds as though she is off to a good start in the life-long friend department and she has a great role model.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad your rash is better! I have 4 long time girl friends who are like sisters to me. You are right -- those kinds of friends are treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Barbara, friends are so important. That is why my two best friends and I do Thursday Friend Day. We have had lunch together every week for about 20 years now. They are such a blessing. Thanks for visiting Nanaland. I love your Pineapple Quote....so good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH that is so nice. I wish I could see my BFF.
    Glad the rash is getting better.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a log-time friend in FL. We went through childbirth, straying husbands, and divorce together. She is so far away I never see her anymore. Perhaps I'll make the effort next winter. Great that you keep up with your long-time friend. Dogs don't make friends too often, do they? I found an adorable Chi at the shelter, but Johnny was having none of it. So, we left the shelter dog for some other lucky person. Buddy reminds me of the dog we nearly adopted.

    ReplyDelete