Header

Header
Be a Pineapple: Stand Tall, Wear a Crown and Be Sweet Inside.

space



Sunday, July 10, 2016

Bit of this and that

This morning I made the worst pot of coffee that I have ever had. Hahaha.  For a person focused on finding a good way of doing a thing and sticking with it, I had to try really hard to mess this up.

I know why it turned out so bad.  I bought a different flavor of coffee - Country Roast instead of Black Silk - because it was on sale and it just doesn't taste as good.  Maybe not as strong?  Certainly the name implies that.



Then I ran out of my favorite liquid creamer and used the powder I keep for such occasions.  Just doesn't taste as good as my regular - although it is much cheaper and has less sugar.  Yes, less sugar definitely made a difference.

Finally, when setting up my coffee pot the night before I put too much water in the holder so I added a little more coffee to make it balanced or so I thought. Hum.  Not so much.

So here I sit in a stage of disbelief.  I love my morning coffee.  I say a little thank you each morning for it and everything else.  I feel like a deer in the headlights. I don't know which way to turn, what to do.  My day has started way off kilter.

I'll definitely be making a trip to the store to get my real coffee and creamer today.

I did some ice dying last night and this morning.  I found a monogrammed towel at the thrift store that I dyed for my daughter using the red and yellow colors in her wild shower curtain.  I had similar colors on a dyed shirt I wore recently and she really like it.  I think she will enjoy this.

I also bought some pillow cases to dye for the Grand Son.  I think he will like them.  He likes seeing me in my ice dyes.  He's just not sure if he wants to be seen in one!  I gave him one that was nice with quiet colors for him to try.  If he asks for more, you know I'll be glad to get to work.

I really enjoyed getting back to work on ice dyes after taking the itchy week off last week.  I'm glad I had the first signs of the rash way before I started with the dyes but I know that there is always a chance that it could be a problem.

The weather is miserable here and August and September are always worse before it get better.

Poor Buddy loves to be outdoors but it has been so darn hot that I've kept the AC on day and night and the doors shut tight.  Day before yesterday the thermometer on the Credit Union read  104.  That, my friends, is hot.

So yesterday morning (noon my time) and today I opened the door a little and left it open for him like I usually do in the nice weather.

I wasn't able to leave the door open for more than an hour or so but it did give him a chance to return to his old habit of lying just so he can keep one eye on the happenings inside the house, as well as one eye on the birds and squirrels in his domain.


I think we are both ready for things to get back to normal.

Yay.  Allergist Wednesday.


8 comments:

  1. I'm very glad you will be seeing the allergist this week. I know weather in Houston is brutal. In my world today it is 66 degrees and raining! Very different from my days in Texas. My Houston sister-in-law wants us to move back to Texas so she tells me the summers in Texas are bad but the winters are wonderful. In my opinion nothing makes up for the brutal summers in Texas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, allergist is right. I truly hope s/heis helpful.

    I'm with you on the coffee. Got to have that first cup in the morning or the day is off to a bad start. No sugar, just cream but milk doesn't satisfy at all. I hate to run out of cream as much as the coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the allergist and conquering the allergies.
    I met a woman in Florida last winter who had lived in Texas for a while but she moved back to Florida because she hated the summers so much. The "dry heat" did not do it for her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The coffee taught you a valuable lesson -- "don't mess with perfection!" -- LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I know what you mean about feeling off kilter when the coffee isn't just right! I am the same way. I'd rather drink tea than a bad cup of coffee, so I try to keep an eye on my creamer so I don't run out.

    I so hope your rash is not related to the dyes. That would be sad. Or you could just wear big gloves and protective clothing if you had to.

    Buddy is so sweet! Our dog, Ally, loves to keep an eye on things outside, too. It's not as hot here as it is where you are. Just low to mid 90's. JUST. lol It IS hot, but not Texas hot! Take care, my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  6. First off, I am so glad you are going to see the allergist! You need some answers and some relief and quickly! ;)

    Isn't it amazing that when that magic elixer is not just right, our worlds seem to fall apart? We are going camping at the end of the month and my cousin in in charge of the coffee for that. Thank goodness he loves good coffee so that is one thing I do not have to worry about. LOL!

    Buddy, Buddy, Buddy...such a sweet little guy!

    Be blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I definitely depend on the consistency of my morning coffee so can totally relate to this post. My dogs are also perplexed cause I have the door closed due to heat. They are used to running in and out the dog door when they want, so now they just look at me like - "what the heck"? Of course, when they do go out, they don't want to stay out cause it is 100 degrees and 100% humidity! Good luck at the allergist! Glad you have felt good enough to do some ice dying. Your designs are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We never save when we try to simp. At least that's my motto. I took like my morning tea. It used to be coffee and I miss it, but stomach issues have forced me to cut back. In fact, I like espresso. maybe I'll try that again some day?

    Poor Buddy. At lest he doesn't have fur and hair, like my Poms. They love winter.

    ReplyDelete