Header

Header
Be a Pineapple: Stand Tall, Wear a Crown and Be Sweet Inside.

space



Thursday, August 18, 2016

Rain and More Rain

We've had wonderfully wet weather down here.  Only a retired person who does not have to drive in the 5:00 traffic or run to the grocery if they don't want to can enjoy the rain like I do.  We have had continuous but not heavy rain for ... is it weeks? ... it feels like that long.

The backyard is looking great.  Everything nice and green -  that is everything that survived the extreme heat of the weeks before the rain.  I lost one tall Hibiscus I think, but maybe it will come back.

When I went out to feed the birds this morning one dove came flying over not even afraid as I walked around taking feeders down and filling them up.  It wasn't two minutes later - before I could even get upstairs - and the rest of the gang came by.


Here's looking at you


All three feeders have visitors. 


More on the ground. 

View from the porch


Note the turtle pool is still up (with it's protective umbrella)
even though the turtle went home with the Grand Girl.
The pool was so heavy with mud and water that I let it
completely dry out last week so I could move it.  
This is how much water we have had this week. 



And finally, Buddy the Guard Dog, protecting 
our home from invading birds and squirrels. 


A little rain is a blessing, a flood - not so much.  Bless you folks in Louisiana. 


8 comments:

  1. Man, we could sure use some of that rain here in southern California!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why someone hasn't figured out a way to share - to move water from drenched places to dry places is beyond me. It makes sense, maybe that is why.

      Delete
  2. The extremes of weather are frightening. You have such a lively garden, Barbara. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thanks. It looks so pretty and green after the drizzle I couldn't help but share. This summer, however, I was struggling to keep everything alive.

      Delete
  3. Looking good. It's really weird to be raining and in the 80s in Texas and in the 100s and dry here in Oregon. Your plants are looking good. Glad thou have that ferocious dog to keep you safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm telling you this weather is crazy and I'm really worried about the parts of the country where they are predicting a really hard winter. I guess if you live long enough you see lots of strange weather but it sure seems the hot is hotter and the cold is colder.

      Delete
  4. All looks in order. I think Buddy the guard dog deserves a treat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Buddy is not a fan of muddy feet. He'll go out and do his business but he stays on the porch if the weather is not nice.

      Delete