Header

Header
Be a Pineapple: Stand Tall, Wear a Crown and Be Sweet Inside.

space



Thursday, September 29, 2016

A little of this and that

I wanted to share a picture of the tote bag and baseball cap I ice dyed.  I think they came out pretty good.




I started on one of those slouch bags you make out of a pillow case.  I dyed the two white pillowcases and then cut the form out.  Hahaha.  Broke the thread on my sewing machine and could not see to rethread it!  Daughter is coming by on her way home to thread it for me.  I've had this Singer Golden Touch & Sew since around 1972 and it still works great - at least I think it does.  My sewing days may be short lived if I can't figure out a way to thread the machine.  I have one of those little wire thingys but it only works if you can see the eye of the needle.  I may see if I can find a needle with a bigger eye.  That might do the trick.  Otherwise it is on to new project that do not involve sewing.  

I ordered a counter top ice maker.  I got tired of hauling bags of ice up and down stairs.  It takes about 1/4 to 1/2 bag of ice per project.  Depends on the amount of fabric I am dyeing.  It has a return period so if it doesn't work out I can return it.  

My sleep is better but not normal.  I think the problem might be that my sleep/awake cycle has changed.  I seem to be more on a 12 hour wake/sleep cycle instead of 16/8 cycle.  Oh well, as long as I am mentally and physically happy, I guess it is all ok. 




9 comments:

  1. It sounds like you have relaxed a bit about the sleep business. That alone will help with sleep!

    Love how your projects turned out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am trying to go with the flow on the sleep front. For two nights now I have had glorious sleep and woke up at 7:30 one day and 6:40 the next. Can't remember when I went to sleep. So thankful.

      Delete
  2. We have a counter top ice maker and love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear. I was reluctant but paid return convinced me to try it. I'll let you know.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you need a good hands-free magnifying glass, girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or a little person that stands behind me and rethreads the needle and throws away the extra string!! I don't long for much!

      Delete
    2. I bought a lamp with a magnifier to help me see small things. My aunt used one for years.

      Delete
  4. Considering all the ice you use, the counter top maker is a smart move. Hopefully the lack of stressing about your sleep is the answer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that tote bag. Meant to say that earlier.

    ReplyDelete