Header

Header
Be a Pineapple: Stand Tall, Wear a Crown and Be Sweet Inside.

space



Tuesday, September 27, 2016

A Little Share from Jillee

I found this little tip by Jillie on her blog post 28 Ways to use Dawn Liquid.  I'm one of those people who claim Dawn can work miracles but I won't bore you with my thoughts.  Instead, I'll share one of Jillie's that I'll be using all the time.

19. Ice Pack

Partially fill a strong zip-type sandwich bag with Dawn dish soap, close and freeze. The liquid soap stays cold much longer and it can be re-frozen many times. It will conform to the place you need an ice pack. 


Mosquitoes love Grand Girl #1 and I have them to spare in my backyard.  She comes in scratching viciously so after we clean her legs up - can't find the bites under the dirt - I put on a little itching ointment - whatever is on sale when I restock - and then a sandwich bag of ice.  Because she can't sit still long, the ice doesn't stay on there long but it is enough to numb the irritation a little and off she goes.

I think that I will try this frozen Dawn next.  It should fold over their little arms and legs with less trouble than ice which always seems to leave a puddle.

This will probably continue to work as they get older for bumps and bruises.

We'll see.  Just thought I would share.


9 comments:

  1. Hi Barbara, great to meet you. I'm a big fan of Dawn, too, this is nice to know. I have heard that if you put a fabric softener sheet in your pocket that it will keep mosquitoes a way. You might want to give it a try. I want to invite you to come visit my blog, too. I love company and meeting new blogging sisters and sharing ideas. I'm just another retired grandma, wife and mom . . . I love my simple life and do my best to live it to the fullest.
    Have a great week and again, "Happy To Meet You"
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great idea! Who came up with it? I would never think of put dish liquid to freeze. Amazing really!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GREAT idea! For years, a frozen bag of peas has been our go-to. But I think we'll try this. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've made homemade flexible ice packs out of a ziplog bag, water and rubbing alcohol but just using Dawn sounds much easier!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea! I'm gonna try it cause I ALWAYS have a bottle of Dawn on hand! Original scent only for me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never thought of putting ice on insect bites and the Dawn bag would do the trick. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Genius! I am going to have to try this. My hubby is always in need of an ice pack for his aching back. Thank you for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Poor baby. The mosquitos will soon be gone thank goodness.

    ReplyDelete