Header

Header
Be a Pineapple: Stand Tall, Wear a Crown and Be Sweet Inside.

space



Thursday, September 22, 2016

Do you ever wear a Poncho?

I've been seeing a lot of Ponchos advertised lately.  Do you ever wear a Poncho?  They are pretty useful for the Texas type of winter.  Since we rarely get real cold - just cold to us  - layering is much easier.

I get warm easily, probably something to do with the diabetes, and I can wear short sleeve or even sleeveless much longer than  other folks.  Layering lets me wear a short sleeve under a light jacket and then add a poncho for another easy layer.  Some Texans tend to run the heat too much, too soon, to high for my comfort.  With this layering trick, I can just strip down until I'm comfortable.

Here are a few I like:


I still like the serape because it is so easy 
to pull on and off when traveling in the car. 

From the witchery.com
I like this one for its elegance.  I can see going to dinner or church 
and not feeling to casual.  I also like gray with my hair color. 


This almost looks like a big sweatshirt but if Olivia Palermo 
is wearing it then it is a mega expensive version of an old favorite. 


I like this one because the arms are totally free and 
I like the long tail in the back.  There are many time 
I have wished for a little something extra to protect my legs and rear end. 

This was always a favorite of mine.  A shawl/blanket/poncho combo. 


Another old favorite, a cape with arm slits.  I had this one in college and 
got so much use from it.  Wore it over everything and 
my hands were free for purses, books and now, I would add, cell phones.


Don't you just love window shopping from the comfort of your couch. 



19 comments:

  1. I love ponchos -- on other people. When I wear one, I end up looking like a moving house. Plus they're not really practical in Canada. You can only wear a poncho maybe for one month in the fall before it gets way too cold for that to be enough protection against the elements.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No. It wouldn't make sense in Canada. Sometimes like today when I'm still sweating outside, I wish I could trade. But not really. I wouldn't know how to act.

      Delete
  2. I like the idea but have never found them practical. They are horribly unflattering on large women! I don't want anything I have to put on and take off over my head. I find they tend to shift and usually wind up choking me. It's easy to look sloppy really quick in a poncho. The first picture of the open front one might work but you still have the point in Bach that's like a big arrow to your butt. I would prefer a large scarf. Something around your neck and shoulders usually is enough. The rest is wasted fabric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thing a large scarf is a much more glamorous look. My daughter is a scarf wearer but I also bought her something like in the first picture but it was really soft material and in some animal print. She has worn the dickens out of it. Of course, we're talking Texas weather again.

      Delete
  3. I agree with Debra. Ponchos are for a short time in this part of the country too. Love them on other people though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My winter coat is such a hassle to take off, put on and wear around. I don't know how you cold climate folks do it. Again, the more you do something the better you get so you probably don't even think wearing a coat is a bother.

      Delete
  4. I have 2 ponchos. One is navy fleece and I made it myself. The other is a brown crocheted one that looks like the one Martha Stewart wore when she was released from prison and my mom crocheted it. I do wear them- well, if summer heat ever leaves Oklahoma

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use to wear one years ago and was surprised and pleased to see they are in vogue this year. I liked the easy on and off type.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I have become such a simple dresser in my retirement. Slowly getting rid of the clothes I don't wear. Sell a few but most to the charity stores.

      Delete
  6. Been thinking about a poncho. It seldom gets very cold here either. As long as I can walk the dogs it works. BTW looking for a place to leave my info. I'm sure Lili Chris world like the you-know-what! 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sent you a reply with my email address. Did you get it? Yes walking the dogs is a perfect example of good poncho use. I have one street I walk on where the wind comes straight from Canada - that is my step lively street. LOL. The rest I let Buddy stop and have a smell here and there.

      Delete
  7. I have a couple of ponchos and love them. They are perfect for layering and I like that they are long enough to wear with leggings and boots. The ones you posted are really nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a couple of leggings I really like, but I just cannot go out in them. My legs look like an orange while my belly looks like an apple. What can I say. I'm just a fruity kind of girl. Glad your's are still in good enough shape to go.

      Delete
  8. I have not worn a poncho since high school. I love all of these. I am short and busty so I could either hide that fact in them or they make me look frumpy and round. So I stopped gravitating towards them but after seeing these I may try it again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure I'm not a great sight in a poncho but then I've seen a few faces turn away when they saw me in shorts. LOL. At 66 I've passed into the comfort not beauty stage.

      Delete
  9. I have two in the same style as the first picture you shared and I love them! It's like being cuddled up in a nice cozy blanket but you can still wear it in public and look stylish. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is how I remember them. I'm going to invest in some kind of poncho for this winter. Probably something like #1 but I haven't actually tried one on in so long, I may surprise myself with my choice. I just hope they are making them long to cover my behind.

      Delete
  10. Too cold too soon here in the mts of CO to wear ponchos. I like the look of them though. I especially like that cashmere number on Olivia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll wear that cashmere number too. Olivia just looks so darned good in anything. But then young and thin does that to your fashion style.

      Delete