Header

Header
Be a Pineapple: Stand Tall, Wear a Crown and Be Sweet Inside.

space



Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Watching the 3:10 to Yuma

I recorded the western movie 3:10 to Yuma with Russell Crowe and Christian Bale.  I think I remember seeing it when it came out and must not have been impressed because I didn't remember much.  With this viewing I'm very impressed.



I like westerns.  I grew up on westerns as many of you did, but I don't think they've made a good western since Clint Eastwood in his Hang 'Em movies.  This one is really good.  I think it is the best acting I have seen from Russell Crowe and certainly is Christian Bale's best.

I think the scenery and stage sets are pretty realistic.  The acting was good and the characters had full personalities.  I guess I like it when the bad guy shows his good side.

I'm not going to spoil the plot but anyone who still likes westerns might want to give this one a try.  I enjoyed it.

Thanks for sharing all the sleep stories.  I feel better knowing I am not the only one with crazy sleep patterns.

Hahaha.  My sleep is so confused that I don't know when to drink coffee my morning coffee.  You know drinking my morning coffee is the highlight of my day.  It sets the tone and makes me happy.  I've had my coffee anywhere from midnight to 2:00 pm lately.  It is just not the same.  :(  But I'm working on it.

If you want to be happy in life you have to go with the flow.  So that's what I'm doing.


13 comments:

  1. Go with the flow is working for me. Not having to work gives you permission for most anything, all on your own agenda and schedule, even sleep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right. And I love being the Boss of Me.

      Delete
  2. Haha. I totally understand about the when to have coffee dilemma!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are some moments that are sacred and morning coffee is mine.

      Delete
  3. I agree -- this is a good Western! My Mom and I went to see it together in the theatres when it first came out. I noticed it was on TV the other week too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I took the time to record it. I was surprised I liked it so much.

      Delete
  4. Oh golly...my dad used to watch John Wayne all the time when I was young. I try not to drink coffee after noontime. It tends to make me fall asleep ok if I drink later, but then I wake up a couple hours later wide-awake! Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John Wayne was always a good movie. You always knew he'd be the good guy and win the day.

      Delete
  5. Ha ha, I have actually woken up to wonder is it breakfast or dinner time? I love westerns and wish they would make a comeback. I can remember when that was all there was on TV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have a channel that is totally westerns. I put it on for background noise sometimes. Once in a while I really watch part of one and it always takes me back to the old days of great westerns.

      Delete
  6. I love westerns too! I'll watch anything that comes along but love the old ones best. I remember renting this one and was not real impressed.. but I DO LOVE Russell Crowe, so I think I'll give it another go. I may have been in a different state of mind when I watched it last time! A new western is coming out.. a remake of The Magnificent 7 and I'm looking forward to it as it looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. I think it did not take the first time I watched it. This time though it really hit the spot. I saw the ads for The Magnificent 7 - it does look really good.

      Delete
  7. I love Russell Crowe movies so much! Have a lovely day ♥

    summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete