Header

Header
Be a Pineapple: Stand Tall, Wear a Crown and Be Sweet Inside.

space



Saturday, October 29, 2016

This, That and the Other

Well Hi Everyone

Don't ask where I've been 'cause I really can't remember.

It all started when Buddy hurt himself.  For about two weeks he didn't seem to get any better after the medicine wore off.  Then like a miracle, he started going longer and longer between doses.  Now it's just every once in a while.  I don't mind telling you I was so stressed and pulled into myself.  I was afraid of the worse, but no more.  I'm sure everything is going to be fine.

The little girls were here today.  I haven't seen a lot of them lately because their family has been so busy, which is good.  Even though I would like to monopolize their time, it's good for them to enjoy each other as a family.

No pictures of them today.  Is it me or is there a stage where bangs have to be in their eye and silly looks on their faces.  I want to share cute pictures not....  Oh well, I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.

I have been steady busy with my ice dyeing.  I've learned some new techniques and keep experimenting.  Not all the results have been so good.  Hahaha.  I just wish there was a do over button and my bandanas would return to white squares.

I still haven't done any Fall or Halloween decorating.  I didn't buy Mums, which I love, or bags of Chocolate, which I love even more.  I just can't seem to dedicate myself to getting it all together.  Oh well, world won't come to an end.

I have been thinking about Thanksgiving and Christmas though.  I love Thanksgiving.  It is such a nice holiday of Family, Food and Friends.  You can decorate to your heart's content or just put out a few leaves.  It seems so much easier (and less expensive) than Christmas.

I do love a lot about Christmas - besides the religious aspect, of course.  I love the smell of greenery and spices on a stove top.  I love twinkling lights and decorations that you've only seen once a year for the last 20 or so years.  I love cold weather and snuggling together to keep warm.  (Note to Grand Girls: No cold feet on me.)  I love Christmas chocolate and Candy Canes.  I love Midnight Mass and Christmas Carols.  Hot Chocolate and fires.  I love it all - except for the presents. Buying the right present is too much pressure for me.  It didn't use to be, but now it is.  I know some of you are really good at it and can afford, or almost afford, it.  Hahaha.

Well, I really took off on that one. Anyway, I'm feeling very content and looking forward to the next couple of months.

Hope you are to.

5 comments:

  1. Welcome back to Blogville, Barbara. I missed you!

    I am happy Buddy is on the mend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad Buddy is doing better. Our 4 legged ones can worry us ragged. I'm like you about the two holidays. Thanksgiving has all the pluses of Christmas and none of the stresses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been following you on Facebook. Glad you're back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy to see you back and Buddy on the mend. Yes the holidays are wonderful. Where did 2016 go?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back♥ Have a wonderful week♥

    ReplyDelete