Header

Header
Be a Pineapple: Stand Tall, Wear a Crown and Be Sweet Inside.

space



Saturday, December 24, 2016

Christmas Eve

It's Christmas Eve Day and I don't feel like Christmas is rocking my world.  My house is decorated.  The presents are wrapped and at the Son's house for tomorrow morning.  The little girls spent the day here and I am happily worn out.


The temperature is mild - like door open and wearing shorts mild.  The cable is on the blink and luckily I thought to get both library books and books on CD for the long weekend.  

I started a job three weeks ago.  Yes, I actually did it.  I wasn't sure how it would work out with my sleep problems but I slept all night on the third night and have done pretty good since that time.  I do tend to wake up between 5:30-6:00 a.m. and only fall back asleep in time to get up at 7:00.  I guess I should just get up but I don't know what to do with the extra time - besides chores - which I don't want to do.

Oh well, live is full of changes and new roads to take. Maybe I am just entering a season of life that prefers simpler celebrating.  I know I decorate less and cook less so maybe there is no longer a need to be overly excited that Christmas is here.  Maybe that is another change coming into my life.

It might also have to do with the wonderful family get-together we had the first of December that was all I could have asked for as far as spending quality time with the extended family.

I will say that I am very happy and contented and you really can not ask for more than that.

Whatever stage you are in, I hope you are enjoying your friends and family or, in the alternative, you are having a quiet, but nice holiday weekend, like me.



8 comments:

  1. It's just Jim and I for a very quiet Christmas at our house. I think as the children get older and so do we, that we can focus more on the true meaning of Christmas rather than the excitement of things. So have a truly Merry Christmas filled with love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Happy and content" is the way to go! Enjoy your family and simpler celebrations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our Christmas is very quiet. Children and grandchildren scattered all over the country and we are alone. It's fine, really. It does help us focus more on the true meaning of Christmas. May God grant you peace and serenity today and always. And may He bless you in your new job. Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am happy for you, Barbara. You sound like you are in a good place right now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy and content beats the stew out of brief excitement. Hope you enjoy your new job and know it will help you sleep better. The harder I work, the better I sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good news on the job front if that is what you wanted. What fun thing are you doing?
    Hope you had a wonderful Christmas. And hey, I get up at 5- 5:30 every damn morning. Dog can stay up for 23hrs and would still want to get me up to poop at 5am. Yipee for me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope your Christmas was grand. We were pretty calm around here too after I got home from the hospital. No galivanting here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoy your blog as I can relate to your writing.

    ReplyDelete